WTB: AMP For MOJO 15. Speakers running at 2 ohm. Central Florida Only

Just to let you know going from 1000 watts of slash power to 1500 watts of regulated power will be a down grade. I would take 1000 rips power over 2000 regulated anyday. Since you already have it that is

Ah! See, more education! =) I didn't know there was much of a difference... So can I ask your advice on amps that are affordable (i.e. price of used 1000 slash)? IF there are any recommendations.

The way RIPS works you get 1000 watts even when you rise to 4ohm and drop to 11v. You will wire at 2 but normally see 4 or more playing music. A regulated amp rated 1500 will make 400-500 normally and even less as voltage drops. A used mint 1000/1 goes for around $400

I know.. I have been looking! I meant are there any other amps out there? Seeing as the highest JL has is the 1200/1... I want to get around 1500/1700... Grr just want the most out of this sub, along with the box issue we were talking about.

1200 of slash will smoke what you are trying to get is what I'm saying. You are looking at up to a 3db gain when you double power. That's like 2 clicks of the volume knob. When those regulated 1500 watt amps are playing music the slash amp is killing it.

Okay but is JL the only amp manufacture. I think you're missing my question. =) Are there any other manufactures that run that type of power supply? Sundown? DC? etc... that have an amp that is larger?

when you rise to 4ohm on a 2500 watt regulated amp it's only making 600 watts or so. Now drop the voltage to the 12s since it will in your truck and it's making 300. Do that with the JL and it's still making 1000. Make sense?

Well again confused. There are a million amps out there from various manufactures running SQ and SPL... so telling me I am limited to just JL is a bit confusing. Find it hard to believe there are no other manufactures that offer amps that can give me 1500 watts rms power continuous.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.