WTB: High-end sq equipment...full layout.

B&R Innovation2
10+ year member

www.soundhertz.com
So currently my malibu is equipped with a 9515eD2, a 1550w/rms amp, 0/1, and a nice but quite out of date premiere headunit. Along with a nice power system, good distribution and lots of high-quality dampening on all interior plates.

It's well built and extraordinarily loud but my taste is music has changed and I have different needs I believe. I never mind opening up my system as it is now but I won't do it unless I'm on an open highway and these days that's rare. Really all it's good for is the occasional, holy hell...that's loud.

I want to move in direction of a strong bottom end but with very thoughtful and well powered components. I'll probably keep this malibu for at least a few more years so building it to match this car isn't overly important but I'm not really in the mood for molding glass or doing too much more dampening.

So what do I want?

Sub

I like single drivers living ported near my vehicles ~ resonating frequency, 37hz. The DD has great output but it's very power hungry and has a smidgen of flutter outside it's happy zone. I'd like to go a bit smaller in airspace/portspace while maintaining a pleasant curve for my interior.

A W7 seems like it'd be a good fit but I know I can do better for less. I'm not going for show here and will most likely build a very good cabinet but it won't see a coat of paint or a layer of carpet.

~~~

Amps

I dream of zapco. I could probably afford a nice used zapco but if I can get a nicer amp for similar price I'll certainly go for it. Looking for something like 1000rms at 2ohms.

For components...any nice name a/b amp offers will be considered.

~~~

HU

High-end with just enough expandability. I certainly won't invest in satellite but HD perhaps. I'll have to look up NYC coverage around where I live. But I want 24 bit DACs, mp3/wma playback, 3x high-volt rms (~5+) preouts, auxiliary inputs. Much like what I have now but with an updated metal look.

Or someone can sell me a mcintosh for almost nothing and I'll just buy a car worthy of holding it.

~~~

Components

My current CDTs are not bad but I'd like more mid-range ability.

Rainbow/Morel/etc.

I can squeeze in 5 1/4's but 4" plates would be fine. The thinner the tweeter the better for my A-Pillar.

The rears are 6x9s but I haven't used them for years due to the DD being an unbearable air monster. I'd like to baffles these down to 5 1/4's with a 2" or so tweet/mid that will sit on that plate with it.

~~~

What do you guys got?

Throw replies on here and help with suggestions even if you don't have equipment for sale.

Thank.

I am selling one of my Zapco C2K 9.0's and 2 Critical Mass UL12's.

IMG_0363.jpg

Critical Mass are very nice sq subs way better thanJL
That's what I've heard as well. I think Bones had a build with 4 of them. They're mad expensive, I think. I always thought they looked cheap, though. The part you screw in looks flimsy... and that magnet is something else, too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

Neo mags are secks.

If you're looking for solid amplifiers that do around 1000 at 2 ohms... The Arc XXK2500 does it in A/B.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.