13W7 Ported Fiberglass Box **PICS**

You're not too late for bracing. You should be fiberglassing the inside of the enclsoure anyway. Get some rope and cut it into strips and resin them into the inside of the enclosure. Then fiberglass over until they're almost unnoticable. Then, get some 2x4's and fiberglass them in to the middle of the enclosure in a cross shape.

It's never too late to brace //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

hehe so you have to stick your head in that hole and try to fiberglass hehe, thats fun, it looks real good man, just wondering, since your going to do the ater test once your all done, doesnt really matter, because if you come up a few liter short, i dotn think your gonna cut the project apart and add more heh anyhow nice job!

Im not going to brace it... I have the space I need, braces will just make the volume smaller.... I cant afford the space. I will take my chances, and im sure it will be plenty good for me... Not trying to be arrogant, but Ive been building boxes for years, and the benefit of bracing opposed to the volume of the enclosure is not worth it when space is at a premium.

However. I have rough, really rough measured the internal volume excluding the port area, and I am confident that once its glassed, and ported I will have the space I need, if not more. If I have plenty to spare, I will reinforce the sides.

Did another layer this afternoon, and 1 more today, then 2 tomorrow.... 2 monday //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif My neighbors love me, hahaha. (Fiberglass resin is potent)

Once the ports in, Ill post more pics.

Thanks for all the comments.

fiberglass ***** for sound quality compared to MDF, thebracing is MUCH MUCH MUCH more apparent in a good glass box. ur box may sound hollow. and possibly make u anotherw7 owner not showing off their sub.

Front plate? The sub mounting ring? Its 1" MDF.... how much bigger do you want it? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif The outside diameter matches the diameter of the W7, and the inside diameter matches the mounting hole side...

And the volume is at spec, or a little larger....

You lookin at the same thread? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Nexson....

YOU ARE THE MAN.

Thats what I noticed about this place. Usually the person knocking the **** cant even build a box, or claims to have built the same box everyone else build, but they did it better.

Oh well... not like I base much on what people here say... the truth is always in the listening.

But I have taken bracing into consideration. I measured the volume and it has a little shy of what is required .09 to be exact.... so I am going to make some nice shapes to fiberglass onto the outside our of MDF, and glass them in, just kinda like fins almost... just for the bracing factor.

Anyways! I gotta get back at it...

Ill post more pics soon.

I was thinkin the same thing about the saddle when i saw the first pic...

Man this should really turn out good. You gotta really good start. Probably could have added a little more bracing because that sub is pretty heavy but should be ok with all the glass. Anyways, It's a good shape tho I like it. Does it take up alot of space in your truck?

fiberglass looks like sh*t till its done lol, but this doesnt look bad at all. hope you gotta orbital sander handy :p

Hmm well what do I think of the fiberglassing? Looks great. I think you are doing a very good job.

As for the picture of your truck. Chrome wheels in the snow?????

The salt on the road will damage them. You may want to consider getting another set of rims to use in the winter when there is snow on the ground.

Anyways, keep up the good work with the system.

Hahaha, well it snowed for like 2 days after I had them on, then its stopped since... so I was being lazy and left them on, should be ok I hope...

As for fitting in my truck...

I cut down a 60/40 seat to be 2 40% seats, this sits in the middle of the 2... its quite big, but it has to be for lots of bass //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I got the 13W7 for a SMOKING deal, and I couldn turn it down, I was going to do a 12, but the 13 ended costsing me $500 canadian, no shipping.

dude that is the same thing i did, i cut down my 60/40 in my ranger and put a box very similar to that one in, the pic below is when i just had it mocked in, i am still building and testing diff boxes till i find one that i like

DSC01267.jpg

Just some pics of sub test fit into the box, with the port installed, but putting a couple more layers on the entire box now...

IMG_2385%20(Medium).jpg

IMG_2386%20(Medium).jpg

IMG_2387%20(Medium).jpg

Some 13W7 Pics for the hell of it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

IMG_2388%20(Medium).jpg

IMG_2390%20(Medium).jpg

IMG_2391%20(Medium).jpg

IMG_2392%20(Medium).jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.