350z box or box design questions

killer777

Alright, so I have a huge delima. I want to run two sundown Z12 V.3s or two soundqubed HDC3's 12" subwoofers in my nissan 350z (Yes, I can power them, yes I have a 200 amp alternator, and yes I know how to wire correctly, I've just never built a box before) They both have a large mounting depth of 8" to 8.5" and the magnets are rather large (up to 228 mm) They require a cubic foot inside area of 1.0ft^3 to 1.75ft^3 for sealed enclosures. My big issue is... you guessed it, space. No one that I know of company wise makes enclosures that will fit the magnets diameter, depth, and cubic feet.

-Have any of you ever ran a sub of this size in this car?

-Do you guys know of anyone that makes a box that will fit these? (I am not opposed top inverting them if I have to, but they will need to clear the hatch, roof, etc.)

-Who can design and build a box for this type of vehicle based on these drivers specifications.

Thanks guys, any questions just ask.

-Best regards, Alex

Post measurements of how big of a box you can fit.... ... I don't think you have enough room for two bud.... But first thing these guys will need is measurements to help you out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright, so I have a huge delima. I want to run two sundown Z12 V.3s or two soundqubed HDC3's 12" subwoofers in my nissan 350z (Yes, I can power them, yes I have a 200 amp alternator, and yes I know how to wire correctly, I've just never built a box before) They both have a large mounting depth of 8" to 8.5" and the magnets are rather large (up to 228 mm) They require a cubic foot inside area of 1.0ft^3 to 1.75ft^3 for sealed enclosures. My big issue is... you guessed it, space. No one that I know of company wise makes enclosures that will fit the magnets diameter, depth, and cubic feet.

-Do you guys know of anyone that makes a box that will fit these? (I am not opposed top inverting them if I have to, but they will need to clear the hatch, roof, etc.)

-Who can design and build a box for this type of vehicle based on these drivers specifications.

-Best regards, Alex
If you get your measurements ...You can buy the wood at lowes ..I recomend Birch because its lite weight..but you can also get MDF there...Lowes has a big panel saw and will make the cuts for you as long as they are straight ...The sign says it may be off upto 1/4 of an inch but if you tip the guy a $20 thats cutting your wood...he will take the extra time to measure and give you straight cuts ...after the first one or two cuts Lowes charges about 50 cents a cut afterwards...then all you have to do is put it together ...whole project will cost about $50 and a couple hours time and you'll save at least $150 over a custom box...and be proud of something you did yourself //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

-Best regards, Alex
I can build you one. Like what's been said, go with 2 8's and I'll get you thumpin.

Really want to run two 12s. Do you think if I measured and got the dimensions that you could build two boxes. One for each driver. One would be behind the seats between the shock tower support and the other could be under the shock tower support, mounted inverted.

Really want to run two 12s. Do you think if I measured and got the dimensions that you could build two boxes. One for each driver. One would be behind the seats between the shock tower support and the other could be under the shock tower support, mounted inverted.
I think 2 12's would be pushing it with that little space. Unless it's a small ass sealed box. Go with 2 8's ported man. You won't regret it.

So, found a box that ground shaker makes that has 1.85ft^3 in each side. It will mount two 12" drivers. However, they can only be mounted invertedly. The box will be placed under the strut tower brace in the trunk. What do you guys think? That's enough cubic inches, the subs will fit and it won't take up THAT much space. I really don't want to go ported btw, I listen to rock and metal but love bass, ported in my experience doesn't do well will fast double bass pedal kicks. 10"a wouldn't be bad, but I was really prepared to run 12s and due to my disappointment and determination I must find a way.

So, found a box that ground shaker makes that has 1.85ft^3 in each side. It will mount two 12" drivers. However, they can only be mounted invertedly. The box will be placed under the strut tower brace in the trunk. What do you guys think? That's enough cubic inches, the subs will fit and it won't take up THAT much space. I really don't want to go ported btw, I listen to rock and metal but love bass, ported in my experience doesn't do well will fast double bass pedal kicks. 10"a wouldn't be bad, but I was really prepared to run 12s and due to my disappointment and determination I must find a way.
You've never heard a proper ported then. It's all I listen to. Double pedal thrash is what I live by. Too bad I can't demo for you man.

Man, I wish you could. I just knew that sealed always let the driver keep up more with hard fast hits instead of low reverbative bass. That, and sealed takes up less room, which is my big issue. But I'm sure ported can be built and tuned to do the same.

CSCStang built me a box for my 350z Roadster to fit in the spot where the OEM Blose sub went. Haven't had a chance to install it yet, but the box is awesome and was really affordable. Definitely consider letting him build you one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.