• Flowmaster 40 Series

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Flowmaster Super 44 Series

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

qtipextra
5,000+ posts

The Original
Ok heres the deal. I want to change up my exhaust. It kinda sounds like **** right now.

Right now I am running no catalytic converter, and a borla xr-14 muffler. Its raspy as hell, but it has a nice volume.

I want to get a very nice low growl sound but with maximum volume possible. I have decided I am going to run with a flow master exhaust and a high flow cat.

My problem is which flowmaster to go with to provide the best outcome that I want.

My top 3 choices were 40 Series, Super 44 Series, and the new Super 10 Series. Well I have decided against the super 10 because I feel that it will still be too raspy.

So now its down to the 40 Series and the Super 44 Series. From videos I have seen/heard, the 40 has the best deep rumble sound that I would like to have. But I just cannot tell volume levels from a recording.

What do you think?

im stock cats y pipe. i loved it on my 5.7 camaro, perfect fit.

with my weak 4.7 i would like to get rid of the muffler for a little more loudness.

its kinda sad, most of the time i cant even hear the exhaust, luckily i didnt pay to get the exhaust done.

i ran flows on my 96 mustang 40 series...they were rotted out within 3 years....and there isn't any salt on the roads in louisiana...to me flows are overpriced tin can junk...so i went Borla for something that will last the lifetime of a vehicle

WTF most of you guys responded with non flowmaster responses when I said I was going with flowmaster. You wasted your time responding.
If you are set on flowmasters, then that will be your mistake. I even suggested the flowmaster that i think is the better sounding. Dynomax is better than flowmaster IMO. But regardless, do the biggest exhaust you can fit and afford. The bigger the pipes, the better.

Mufflers are overrated //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
This. But i drive a diesel so i can get away straight piped //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

This. But i drive a diesel so i can get away straight piped //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
I still have 2 cats. Took one off but don't want to go through the pain of taking the other 2 off.

Mufflers are overrated //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
x2

we didnt respond with flowmaster info because we dont run it and dont suggest it.

my dad took his truck up there, put flowmaster on it. the guy at the shop was like why?

my dad said, i heard its good man! guy says it will sound way better without any muffler.

so he started it up for my dad let him listen. a week or so later my dad goes back up there asks for them to take the muffler off, and it sounded way better...

now perhaps with the 4.7 being a weak/quieter motor, maybe it needs more help on being louder, but on larger engines it deff does not need it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...