4.7L V8 Exhaust Question

Which One

• Flowmaster 40 Series

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Flowmaster Super 44 Series

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
x2
we didnt respond with flowmaster info because we dont run it and dont suggest it.

my dad took his truck up there, put flowmaster on it. the guy at the shop was like why?

my dad said, i heard its good man! guy says it will sound way better without any muffler.

so he started it up for my dad let him listen. a week or so later my dad goes back up there asks for them to take the muffler off, and it sounded way better...

now perhaps with the 4.7 being a weak/quieter motor, maybe it needs more help on being louder, but on larger engines it deff does not need it.
Thanks for the more detailed response. I need a muffler because straight sounds like straight up ****. It gets loud as hell without a muffler, but it doesn't sound very good at all. This is why I want to control the sound with a muffler.

Dont get me wrong I like the Borla I have now, it just isnt loud enough with the cat on. I just want a very deep sounding exhaust that will produce a decent volume at the same time.

From the videos I have heard on youtube, Flowmaster has the best deep sounding mufflers I can find.

Do you base your audio purchases off youtube as well ?

For what you are looking at, do the biggest size pipe you can and a Dynomax race bullet, if you do duals, obviously 2 dynomax race bullets. They are cheap, they do exactly what you want, and they last.

Do you base your audio purchases off youtube as well ?
For what you are looking at, do the biggest size pipe you can and a Dynomax race bullet, if you do duals, obviously 2 dynomax race bullets. They are cheap, they do exactly what you want, and they last.
I am becoming convinced. And they are much cheaper too!

How loud would you describe them as being though? Its hard to tell from vids

I am becoming convinced. And they are much cheaper too!
How loud would you describe them as being though? Its hard to tell from vids
I could take you a vid but it would be ****** and not at full tilt because my truck is running on 5 out of 8 cylinders. I have had people tell me they can hear me from half a mile, ive had people tell me it sounded like a race mustang, i got a ticket from a state cop here in Va because he heard me downshifting from about 600 yards away with his windows up. My truck is a stock 302 with 250K miles, 4.10's on 33"s. Exhaust is short tube headers, through 1 stock cat to a single 3" dynomax dumping right before the back tire on the passenger side.

In short, on my truck, ive been told its loud as balls.

guy at work just put on a gibson exhaust system on his dodge. sounds good when he first put it on and now it sounds wicked.

but if i were gonna go with flows i would use the 44's.

I could take you a vid but it would be ****** and not at full tilt because my truck is running on 5 out of 8 cylinders. I have had people tell me they can hear me from half a mile, ive had people tell me it sounded like a race mustang, i got a ticket from a state cop here in Va because he heard me downshifting from about 600 yards away with his windows up. My truck is a stock 302 with 250K miles, 4.10's on 33"s. Exhaust is short tube headers, through 1 stock cat to a single 3" dynomax dumping right before the back tire on the passenger side.
In short, on my truck, ive been told its loud as balls.
I am really starting to change my mind about the flows. You said that they last. Elaborate on that for me a little more if you could.

I am really starting to change my mind about the flows. You said that they last. Elaborate on that for me a little more if you could.
Every flowmaster i have had or have seen has rotted out pretty quickly. This dynomax has been on my truck for 7 years i believe. Truck has been flipped, been through mud, snow, salty/sandy roads and its still in great shape.

magnaflows are for *******
Flowmasters are for men
No one is even talking about magnaflows idiot.

Every flowmaster i have had or have seen has rotted out pretty quickly. This dynomax has been on my truck for 7 years i believe. Truck has been flipped, been through mud, snow, salty/sandy roads and its still in great shape.

magnaflows are for *******
Flowmasters are for men
No one is even talking about magnaflows idiot.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...