6x8 recommendations - pioneer avh-2400bt HU - 07 focus zx3

Participant count
  • Participant list

GabeC
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
ColaTown, SC
my HU comes today and will be installing it but with my next check i'd like to get a new pair of 6x8's for the front or the back, if i only could do one which should i replace? I was thinking the fronts because they are closer to the listener but I could be wrong. From what i've read I have 6x8's in the front and the rear.

I'm driving an 07 focus zx3 and will have a Pionner avh-2400bt HU. I'm trying to not to spend to much so i dont want to have amp them but possibly a set that i could hook an amp to down the road and not have any probs. I'd like to spend maybe ~$150 on one pair and then another pair down the road at some point.

thanks for the help guys

With the small but nice selection of 6x8s on the market I say get 6x8s. They'll be louder than 6.5s and you won't need to buy adapter plates. Pioneer D-series are nice, and I like JBL as well. Once you get into 6x8 components the price jumps quite a bit, but you can step up to Alpine Type R coaxials for around $200 or less.

I would go with 6.5 woofers when component speakers are concerned and 6x8 for the rear, if rear takes coaxials. The problem with 6x8 woofers is that there isn't much selection of component speakers. If you can spend $300-$400, then JL Audio C5-570 (5x7 woofer) are supposed to be nice. Otherwise, you're limited to Infinity, JBL GTO, and Kicker oval component offerings all of which seem to have some limitations.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.