A complete sound system under $1000 , need help!

Id stay away from boss if at all possible. The pyle stuff as well. Boss way overrates there products amps subs and speakers and there not ce rated. The kickers are ok imo but they seen to get trashed on here alot

you can save money by buying a cheaper brand 3 way door speakers like boss or something not sure what you can get over there. i personally like pioneer head units because there reasonably priced and good quality had mine for almost 8 years with no problems .kicker subs are good although ive seen alot of people talk crap about them on here. haha i have pyle square subs they are great and cheap like 40 bucks a piece over here and everybody on here says there junk 1 of mine is louder than my friends 2 10" kicker cvr. nothing wrong with a cheaper amp as long as you buy bigger than what your subs are rated for because they are rated higher than they actually put out.
Kicker does **** ***. I have 2 15" CVRs and they sound like ****. The new sub I'm getting is 1000x better and only costs $50 more than what I paid for both my CVRs.

he said he wanted cheap there is nothing wrong with pyle or boss as long as you dont buy the cheapest they have. ive had alot of cheap systems that sounded just as good as all my friend that spend thousand on theres
Boss and Pyle **** ***, none of their stuff is good. All you're doing is telling the OP to buy **** equipment.

I wouldn't say Kicker suck ass, but there quality has gotten worse over the years. If you find a good price on a kicker amp I'd get it. My kickers in my sig are pretty good for the price I paid and for what I use them for. Will I win any competitions, no, but that's not what that build was for.

Wow, after a huge night of ebaying and research, I've kind of finally settled on these products but still haven't made up my mind yet.

Head Unit:

Pioneer DEH-8350SD

Pioneer DEH-9350SD

Kenwood KDCU-6049

Subwoofer:

MTX-Terminator-TNE212-Dual 12" boxed

MTX-RT12AV 12" Boxed

JL-12WOV2

Speakers (2 Front/2 Back)

JL Audio TR600CXI

Boston S65

Amplifiers: Mono + 2 or 4. Don't have enough to spend for better amps here

Kicker ZX3001 (Mono)

Kicker ZX2002 (2)

Kicker ZX3504 (4)

Pioneer GM-6400F (4)

Kenwood KAC-2404S (4)

If you don't know how to install yourself, you should really do some digging on this site and around the web for how-too instructions. Usually you can find vehicle-specific forums with audio sections. In the long run it pays off to not be lazy cause it'll save you money for gear; and later on if something goes wrong you won't be back at the shop paying them to fix it. Not to mention you won't have to deal with dirty looks from the shop if you buy your stuff elsewhere. Building boxes is a great lesson in sound frequencies and can save you some cash, but if your gonna just go sealed, it'll be easier to buy it.

As for what to buy I'm not really aware of what the current stuff is like but I can say that my kicker amps have served me well.

Your going to need additional wiring to run a mono and another amp. Look for a 5 channel.

I would still go with the Phoenix Gold RSD's instead of those 2 you listed

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.