A mild sound upgrade to my reg cab Ram

This will not be anything to brag about but I'm hoping to get a good sound with a little volume to it.

After installing an amp and woofer in my sons truck I got the itch for something better in my truck. I'm looking forward to enjoying my music instead of just hearing it. I wanted nav, crack up camera, and separate RCA sub out puts, The Clarion nx404 fit the bill for a decent price. I then replaced the 4 factory 6x9's with Memphis 6x9's. That set up sounds ok but the volume has to be at least 3/4 before you really hear it. A sub and amp will be next!

Mandatory pics

The truck

Clarion NX404

Door

Rear

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that I removed the factory storage bin from behind the seat I realise that I have a lot more space back there than I thought! I might try to build a better box for the sub. I also have a pair of 12's that I'm considering, it will depend on how it sounds once everything is installed.

New amps and sub! On highs/mids a Rockford Fosgate 300x4, for the sub a Rockford Fosgate 1200.1, and one Soundqubed 12......MUCH BETTER! I'm in the process of getting the amps mounted but heres a shot of the sub and enclosure that I built for it.

Another thing that is overlooked is making a proper seal on your speakers and then sound deadening the doors, sealing up all the gaping holes on your door turning the door into a proper speaker enclosure will make things sound a helluva lot better.

I live in Eunice not far from you it's nice to see someone on here that's in my area. X2 on the deadening, should be a good set up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.