Alpine Type R Blown?

Participant count
  • Participant list

JLewis59

I have an Alpine Type R 12 inch sub and i have come to believe it is blown. Whenever a sound source, not just a car amp but even a small home stereo is hooked up to it, it plays fine at very low volume, but once i turn it up a bit on the home stereo it sounded like it would cut out when the bass hit, when i had it wired up to my amp in my car it just would put my amp into protection mode. Can anybody please shine some light on whats wrong with this sub? I don't just wanna throw it out!

Take it out of the box and play it free air

There could be a loose wire that when the sub starts playing touches the other side causing a short

I have already done this i guess i should have said that too lol. But I dont know what it could be theres no crunching when pushing down on the sub or anything so i dont think the voicecoil is damaged. Maybe the wire that runs to the terminals on the sub are loose and is shorting it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.