Biggest boom with JL 500.1

Set the amp up right then ask for suggestions. I would do a single 15 on that power.
The amp is good, I had my girlfriends dad who used to do competitions install it. A 15 will not fit in my trunk. I'm going to use the enclosure I have so I'm going to get 2 12s.

Rhino

They are trying to save you from destroying a new sub. You MUST fix your amp gain settings before they will give you suggestions. If they suggest an amp that you buy, then you smoke it too, their reputation is on the line. Stick a tape measure in the port and get good measurements. Get a Dmm read a tutorial here to set gains. Then there will be specific sub suggestions from them.

If it was good it would not have smoked the sub. Just saying
Could damage have carried over from the previous owner? The gain is now set to 50%, it was around 75% when it went up in smoke. When I bought the system, it was turned all the way up.

Could damage have carried over from the previous owner? The gain is now set to 50%, it was around 75% when it went up in smoke. When I bought the system, it was turned all the way up.
Thats not how it works. Read the **** tutorial and set it right. Depending on the HU 1/4 could be to much.

Thats not how it works. Read the **** tutorial and set it right. Depending on the HU 1/4 could be to much.
Take it easy, this is a new world to me. Going to go read that now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/escape.gif.52b661afb17bde1db0e0c7da97e75b38.gif

bro you keep trying to get around the fact that you clipped the sub to death. look up how to tune your amp correctly or you'll be back in here with the same issue again.

Why is the other sub still working? I will accept the fact that I clipped the sub to death and I will get my amp tuned properly for the new 12s. I need help with what 12s to get that will do the best with my jl 500/1. My birthday is almost here so I plan to use money I get to purchase the subs.

The main point of me posting was to get ideas of what 12s will work well with a jl 500.1... Anyone care to share?? I get that the gain needs to be readjusted, so can I get suggestions now?

The sub was overpowered.Not sure if the enclosure is prefab or custom but the dimensions are 34x16x13. Anything bigger than a 12" is pretty much ruled out since the tiburons trunk is small. I want subs that hit as hard as they can with limited power. I listen to mostly hip hop. Would it be a huge problem to use the same enclosure? I'm a college student on a budget. I can't decide to go with the 12" dcons or 12" re srx's.
if it is down to those 2 choices SSA Dcon all the way. havent heard the best things about the new RE stuff

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.