CDT components?

How good are they. Are they better than alpine?

Better is a relative term

some people (like me) love CDT, they have a very laid back sound and you can crank them up pretty loud if you have the right amount of power and crossover settings. Then agian some people like focal,rainbow,DLS,etc

you really need to go out and listen for your self. I could preach to you all day about how my CDTs have great midbass and how the tweet is smooth,but you may not like that. You may like bright tweets.

You need to find a store that sells CDT and take a listen.

I myself think my CDTs sound great

i like my cdts, 6.5 classics all the way around in my car, sounded better than the alpine type S ones i had in before, but then again thats comparing comps to coaxiels, but thats just my 2 cents

You can't just say CDT > Alpine. They both make good speakers and some are better than others. I think CDT makes too many models, some are a good value and some are not. The Classics are good and a good value, but you can do better for the money on some of the more expensive models.

I use the CL 61 and 6X. I have not been impressed by the Alpine type S in the same price range. If I was spending more I would go for some Boston Acoustics or Focals.

I've only heard their HD and ES models, which were very pleasing to my ears. Especially the TW25 tweeter, I love em. I hear a lot of mixed reviews on their budget comps though. No one around my way sells CDT so I can't listen for myself //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I am using the entry level CL comps in one of my cars and i am very pleased. Sound is smooth and detailed and i have owned MB quart, Infinity, Polk and plenty more.

got the basic cdt cl-60 kit from woofersect... they came with the tw-25 tweeters, the same that is with more expensive kit.

Wow, they're great, i'm sending around 300 watt rms to each, they play frinking loud when crossed at 110hz. Anybody got betters cdt crossover i could use? i've got the satnet 400 and i'm not sure it will last //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

got the basic cdt cl-60 kit from woofersect... they came with the tw-25 tweeters, the same that is with more expensive kit.
Wow, they're great, i'm sending around 300 watt rms to each, they play frinking loud when crossed at 110hz. Anybody got betters cdt crossover i could use? i've got the satnet 400 and i'm not sure it will last //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
300 to each side for the entry CL's??? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif Jeez, haven't heard that one ouch

well it's a mb quart 4 channel bridged to 2. I've pushing them till they get smelly then just get back a little.... don't know why the crossover hasn't melt yet but there is some crossover distortion with some song (both tweeters/woofers) play the same notes

Well if they stop working, i'll switch for a boston pro60 set :p

i must add the midbass is awesome with 300watt compared to 100 with proper door deadning. The rearfill isn't audible even at their full 100watt rms (another amp)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.