Choosing a HU, internal power considerations

Participant count
  • Participant list

belbo
10+ year member

ga
I have an 02 Jeep Wrangler and hate the stereo in it for various reasons. I want the whole thing to sound a lot better. I have been to a couple shops and most say replace the 4x6 and 5 1/4 speakers and the deck. Most have said use only the power provided from the HU. They said to just keep the stock sub and leave it alone.

My main question involves the power output from the HU. One person suggested the alpine 9835 due to its increased power output once the power is run from the battery. He said I would be able to tell a big difference if I did that over one of the models in which no extra power cables are run. I don't really believe him however. I see his reasoning and agree with it if it is correct. I donlt want to spend the extra $ for that feature on the 9835 unless it provides a noticeable difference. So what's the general consensus from you guys? Does the extra power make it worth it? I have an alpine 7897 that i was going to put in but now I am considering selling it and going with a 9835. Which do you think I should go woth? If anyone out thre has a jeep, I'd love to hear what else you suggest.

Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.