Custom box using two diffrent size pairs of subs

i was thinking that if built in 2 separate enclosures it would sound ok. The tens would be good for tight detailed bass and the 12 would help reproduce the lower tones. Tuning these to sound right is gonna be the hard part.

besides doing seperate enclosures for both, if you dont want any cancellation then you would have to get a crossover. So both pairs are playing at different frequencies. So you could have like the 12's playing at like 80hertz and below and the 10 playing like at 80-150hertz(thats just for example sake). So pretty much the subs will be specific to their frequencies just like mids and tweets. But thats a whole lot of work that i dont think will be worth it in the end. I would stick with the same subs. Do it right the first time, cause you'll be spending more time and money to fix things. Good luck.

how about a crossover separating the 10's and the 12's? Just wondering.
I'm the type that tries things that most people laugh at, but you never know what you can learn from your experience.

Let's say it does sound like crap, but what if you were determined to make it work then actually did make it work, you then can thumb your nose at the nay sayers.

I see a lot of guys here make the largest box possible, personally i try to make the smallest box possible, but that's just me.
you dont think in the history of car audio that this hasnt been tried?

that has to be a joke

Here the REAL story.
While not IDEAL...it will work as long as all subs are in thier own enclosure.

I personally have seen a system like this in action (2-12" and 1-15).. I try to get the owner to change the design to 5-12",but he refuses. He loves it.

So do what you like-its your system.
please dont give newb to newb advice........your just going to give him ideas that it is right when it isnt.....

i was thinking that if built in 2 separate enclosures it would sound ok. The tens would be good for tight detailed bass and the 12 would help reproduce the lower tones. Tuning these to sound right is gonna be the hard part.
You must be the most ignorant individual on the entire planet earth. You have alot of reasearch to do my man.

your statement is completely oblivious. OP... please do not listen to the likes of this gentleman.

That is all.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

keep it simple, keep it real.

Why go the extra length to try something that "might" work when there is already a known method on how to create the proper enclosure.

many have tried, many have failed.

those that say 2x10 and 1x15 or 2x12 and 2x10 (w/out x-over)must not have enough experience to tell the differance in SQ.

i almost went this route with infinity kappa perfect 10.1's and 12.1's. Just decided to go with the 4x10s and was happier

It can be done but wayyyyy tooooo much work and knoledge needed to make it sound good/right, just get 2 of the same subs
OP: This statement should be looked at and considered seriously. Probrably the best answer/explanation so far. The rest //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.