Cyn's - - - 007 Impala Build Log...

What kind of stain are you using?
I haven't bought the Stain yet, will be something from Home Depot or Lowes as far as brand wise.. Colour I will be doing an Ebony Stain "maybe" I will do the inside of the box to see how it turns out tho, will also being a couple layers of seal

Okay,... here is a few more pics from the box build log.. yeah I know its dragging way the hell out lol... think I did about 5mins yesterday and 5mins today long enough to put up one side and the front when I got home from work today.. Tomorrow I will try to get the 45"s cut and get the port in..

DraGMapp

front of the box

xyoGXELK

view of the port mouth

SAQagmx4

a little shot of the inside corner.. nice and square.. I will get some nice close ups of the smoothed out corners sometime tomorrow or something

Okay, got 2 of the 45"s cut out just need to get some more sandpaper tomorrow some 60-80 grit to round the back out and cut the other 2 out then get them in tomorrow and get the port in tomorrow and let all of that dry.. The top plate will be sealed with rope caulk and screws.. no wood glue I want it removable incase I want to adjust anything or whatever later on...

Nice.... How did it turn out? I have an 07 impala that im trying to get everything so I can hook my toys up.
Well I finished the box out for the 15" AA a while back... blew the sub.. Redoing my install this month..

Going with a Quasi 6th order for an RE HC 2002 12" Sub, Will be ported through the Rear deck.. I've put deadner on the front Doors, Truck Floor and Trunk Lid.

So the new install that I will be working on will be as follows:

Deaden up the Rear Deck, cut out the port hole for the Box.. Re-run all of my wires from the front to rear separated from each side. Power and ground on the passenger side. All RCA and Speaker wires in the middle and Drive Side, RCA's in the Middle, Wires on the Driver side. Finishing out the Front Doors with the CDT Comps. Making an Amp Rack in the Trunk to put the amps out of the way and route wiring better. Redo my Ground with a Nice Distro Box.. Making a Complete floor with a removable Tire Well hole. Hopefully all out of 1/4" Birch... Same as the Amp Rack but it will be 1/2" recessed into the Wells.. Will be doing more deadner on the trunk floor and lid and the rear bumper"inside the liner of the bumper" This will be a long process as work has taken up a lot of my time lately. But I will update with new pictures sometime this week of the deadening that I have done.. Also I will be getting all of my Stock Electrical Wiring for the Battery and main box wires changed out and upgraded along with the Big 3 before adding in my front stage Amp... Depending on Voltage drops after the Big 3 and the other upgrades to the stock electrical wires i'll Add another battery in the trunk on the other side in the Well.. After all of this is done, I plan on redoing the Rear Deck cover completely. Fiberglass cover with new pods for either 5.25 or 6" comps, also doing a molded out port entrance for the sub.. I'll see how that goes when I get to that point..

Depending on how long this takes and if I follow through with it all this will stay in for a while... Box might change later on depending on what setup I go with.. If this stays for 6months I'll be happy with it.. Also depending on me getting another SUV for doing a huge build this will completely change to a basic setup with a smaller box.. fully clean hidden install.

Okay so I did A little work today on the build.. getting ready for a few new things to go in.. I rerouted my wires and put in some new rca's and ran all my front stage speaker wires... Amps to be used will be the Same AQ1200.1 on the substage... Zapco 360.2 for my front stage - which I will be starting on tomorrow getting the speakers in but not completely hooked up but everything in place to just hookup wires and be good to go... now some pics for the update

BT100 I gots on the cheapers.. rests at 12.77

lXRFdLMq

MvwQRWIK

Seats and Carpet pulled out forgot to take pics of the dis-assembly, but on to the metal pics and rerouting pics... before comments on box.. yes I know it was a thrown together 10min box... 1.7cube net @32hz.. about 2 years old..

O6qWklpT

406bWnk9

241heUNc

PVnYEoA8

rgAJYzGz

Dstf1AlZ

Front Stage wires all routed down the driver side of the car... Rca's / remote down the middle ... Power Wire down the Passenger side..

hVOqdQ3g

ol8whmDr

iwk64LHB

p6WfpTQL

lH3OMWoe

sp7zmngB

Deadned the Front half of the car for now ran out of deadner... will finish when I get more and add another layer along with some other stuff over the top of it..

3nToreec

Looking really good man..Im here to tell you,,that thats alot of time taken to do, but well worth it later on for the deaedning,I still need to take my front seats out and finish,just waiting on my arm to heal a bit more/get more strength from my surgery,.How do you like the Clarion HU?I hate mine..lol I have the 300 installed in my CRV atm ,hopefully swapping soon.Maybe that 500 is much better.Ill be going with the Kenwood 396 soon

Looking really good man..Im here to tell you,,that thats alot of time taken to do, but well worth it later on for the deaedning,I still need to take my front seats out and finish,just waiting on my arm to heal a bit more/get more strength from my surgery,.How do you like the Clarion HU?I hate mine..lol I have the 300 installed in my CRV atm ,hopefully swapping soon.Maybe that 500 is much better.Ill be going with the Kenwood 396 soon
Lots of time but very well worth it.. want to do onr more layer and then some mlv.. got my cdt mids in today freaking big time notice in sound.. thought i had my sub on still... got more pics to upload later.. i like the hu alot.. got a eclipse 5350r i want to try out

okay... So today I worked on making some spacers for the doors and getting in the CDT Comps... Wasn't able to put in the tweeters yet, as I will have to modify the sail to get them in correctly.. But I did get the Mid's in and hooked up to the Zapco 350.2 ... These things freaking bang... I really know why Front Stage is so critical in a system unless you going all out SPL... Future Plans for the doors are already in the works... Going to redo the spacers, cleaner and a better seal all the way around the door and close up all holes that I can over the deadner... and line the inside of the bottom of the door with fiberglass and more deadner and maybe some very lightweight MLV.. I would like try to do some full on pods and get the bass out of the door itself and straight from the pods.. Anyway here is a few pics I have from todays lil adventure..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.