Distorted sound only through Clarion EQ

Participant count
  • Participant list

Smurfy76

CarAudio.com Recruit
Florida
Ok so I'm puzzled. I finally have my system fully wired except for one thing. If I run the rca cables straight to the radio it sounds fine. But if I use my Clarion EQ than the sound gets distorted.you can hear the music but the sound is crackly and weak. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Ok so I'm puzzled. I finally have my system fully wired except for one thing. If I run the rca cables straight to the radio it sounds fine. But if I use my Clarion EQ than the sound gets distorted.you can hear the music but the sound is crackly and weak. Any thoughts are appreciated.
It sounds like a cancellation issue to me, but perhaps also the wrong RCA cables are being used or the EQ has an internal issue.

So tried a different ground just to be safe with no luck. So I started messing with it and found if I touch the long part of the rca to the outer edge of the rca plug on the eq there is no distortion. So that is puzzling.

Yeah I just had a dee Dee Dee moment. I forgot I unhooked the power to it when I was waiting on the amp replacement. So it got power from the remote wire which turned the lights on but that's it.so the minute I hooked power to it that's all it took.she is finally running and now just needs a tuning.hopefully I can put my car back together tomorrow provided it doesn't rain.

Yeah I just had a dee Dee Dee moment. I forgot I unhooked the power to it when I was waiting on the amp replacement. So it got power from the remote wire which turned the lights on but that's it.so the minute I hooked power to it that's all it took.she is finally running and now just needs a tuning.hopefully I can put my car back together tomorrow provided it doesn't rain.
Interesting that it would manifest in the RCAs, glad you figured it out.

Interesting that it would manifest in the RCAs, glad you figured it out.
Yeah it's what through me off because it would get the sound but crackly and weak. So I kept thinking we'll it has to be a grounding issue.so I tried three different grounds. Even googling kept saying grounding issue. Than I noticed the power wasnt connected

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.