FB Audio is now in the US

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Neodymium-motors-for-JLD-COMPETITION-AUDIO_60547892083.html?spm=a2700.7724857.0.0.0BKBGY
These DD-Z knockoffs are pretty cheap these days and getting more and more common. Gotta wonder if they're using the same grade steel and magnets?
I just looked at that link. They don't use that motor.

JLD'S motor has different bottom plate, different pole vent and different internal gap.

The gap on FBs is very tight.

They can make it dual coil but if they do, it's for burping only because of how tight it is.

You're not going to win this battle here. Everyone really wants to believe that their favorite nuthug brand can handle that sort of continuous power because their buddy runs an amp with that rating to one. Just run with it and when people break subs it's because "clipping" or "didn't break it in".
You'd think in the days of the internet this sort of absurd marketing still wouldn't dominate the industry, but it does. Even companies that rate honestly get the reputation of "can handle double rated power". People throw around terms like "rise" and "RMS" not even knowing what they mean.... everyone knows just enough to be dangerous.
Technically input power ratings are very difficult to obtain. That is why there is nothing like prototyping.

I just looked at that link. They don't use that motor.JLD'S motor has different bottom plate, different pole vent and different internal gap.

They can make it dual coil but if they do, it's for burping only because of how tight it is.
I can easily use a single coil. Really no use for dual coils any more..

FYI I'm not knocking the product. It actually looks **** nice. Just a far warning.

For example I'm using a 3500 and clipping it and I smell it when I play it for a while clipped. Tests in a specific alignment. If is tuned higher I wouldn't smell it because is get more impedance rise with that specific alignment so I am testing it in a senero that is consider to be hard on the driver.

Is honestly rate my driver for 1500 RMS by standard 8 hours pink noise 1 octave above Fs.

Granted on music it will handle 3x that if your mindful and have the correct alignment. No clipping good stable input power to the amp and the right box tune port area for the woofer to naturally play ideally in. Will I rate it for 4500? Yea right.. I could get away even with 2500 RMS but truth be told is rather rate it for 1500rms 3000 music and 6kw peak. What I would lkr the industry to accept on subwoofers is a dynamic rating which companies are calling RMS. Meaning dynamics is for a short period of time vs peak where its pretty much a burp. The average bass note at its longest is 5 seconds? So lets say you wanted to do dynamic.

Apply power for 5 seconds and the rest for 5 seconds. Do that for 2 hours and then is say tats a good indication of dynamics power

I understand what you are saying but you are telling the wrong person and audience. The only way you will gain anything from it is to literally brand yourself and set a standard.

Now, to fuel the fire some more-

Here is 2 1600w 15s on a 30,000w amplifier. Large excursion, no dimpled surrounds at all. Just pure performance-

Didn't say it was, //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

But that is a point that nobody will buy into. Just because something is rated "Accurately" for rms, music and peak doesnt mean the user will spend time to decipher their impedance curve of their setup to determine what to expect out of an amplifier..

Same thing applies to setting gains on an amplifier, etc..

Users just need to pay attention to what's going on so nothing becomes damaged.

Didn't say it was, //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
But that is a point that nobody will buy into. Just because something is rated "Accurately" for rms, music and peak doesnt mean the user will spend time to decipher their impedance curve of their setup to determine what to expect out of an amplifier..

if we teach the user the right way the user doesn't need smugged specs.. lol

I just looked at that link. They don't use that motor.JLD'S motor has different bottom plate, different pole vent and different internal gap.

Alibaba has no less than 6 variations of that motor that I found just at a glance. Though if you can post some pictures of the factory where they tool and magnetize those IN BRAZIL I'll eat my words, but I'm guessing they're YOLO-Brazil where they buy the motors from China and (possibly) assemble in-house. Honestly if I were going to sell a DD-Z knockoff I would buy from China and just try to keep an eye on QC of materials (steel and magnet grades, and tolerances) and possibly assemble in-house. Why reinvent the wheel when China offers to sell them for 250$ a pop for the subs? Does Jacob even own the machine needed to charge neodymium yet?

LOL. You've been in the business how long? IMO rate "retard proof" or you're asking for trouble. You'll never go wrong by over-estimating the stupidity of your average consumer.

You seem to think this is my company. I am not going to magically change something another company is advertising. That could lead to legal trouble that is pointless."

IF you think everything they rate is overrated, then do not buy it. We'll see how everyone else feels about using the equipment.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.