Front amplifier suggestion

Participant count
  • Participant list

K9Candyman

CarAudio.com Recruit
ITALY
Hello dear caraudio friends. At the moment i have 4 faital pro 10pr310 each door, and each door have a taramps md 3000 1 ohm but the speaker are 8 ohm, and the final load is around 2 ohm. It sound pretty loud, but the quality is meh.. I have around 700 euros (1000 usd) and i need one good 2 channel or 2 mono, but they must be quality talking better than taramps please.

So you’re wiring all 4 speakers in parallel on a mono amp? It will work, but you’ll lose your stereo music doing this. That degrades sound quality all by itself in my opinion, even if your speakers are technically producing good clarity. Are you running tweeters? These speakers are a great midbass/midrange speaker, but they won’t produce very much music above 4000 hz or so. I’m confused as to how you have your system set up here.

Ok my bad i explane you better. I have 4 10pr310 on the left door and 4 on the right door. 1 taramps md 3000 for the left door and another md 3000 for the right door. i'm running compression drivers, 2 each door, they are faital pro HF108 with STH100 horn. 4 in total, 2 left 2 right. The horn have a stereo amp (steg k202). At the moment the crossover is set to 3200 12db for the midbass, same cut for the drivers.

Are you running on an active crossover network? Or using passive crossovers? You should get pretty good sound quality from taramps. I’m not saying they are the best amplifier out there, but with good crossover and tuning it should still have good quality sound.

alpine 193 bt. it has a 3way crossover: subwoofer lpf 80hz 18db, midwoofer bandpass 80hz 24 db to 3200 12db and drivers hpf 3200 12db.
It sound very loud, but maybe voices can be better. what can be? maybe the crossover point?

Your crossover points actually look good. You could always play with them to see what sounds best, but it looks like you have done good research and set them at where I would’ve set them also. What is your head unit/ stereo?

Your crossover points actually look good. You could always play with them to see what sounds best, but it looks like you have done good research and set them at where I would’ve set them also. What is your head unit/ stereo?
My headunit Is called Alpine CDE-193 BT. I Just thinked to upgrade those taramps for something more SQ oriented, but Is not that simple to chiose the right one

Maybe you might want to look into a DSP
For all the many options that your Alpine HU came with they still only put 2 volt pre outs on it

So your running an 8k sound digital, 2x3k taramps and an 1100 watt steg
Are you towing a generator around behind you ;)

Maybe you might want to look into a DSP
For all the many options that your Alpine HU came with they still only put 2 volt pre outs on it

So your running an 8k sound digital, 2x3k taramps and an 1100 watt steg
Are you towing a generator around behind you ;)
To be honest i have an 120a alternator but 6 100ah agm batteries. I recharge them every week. No problem at all but want ti upgrade my alternator soon for a strongere one. Btw the taramps are for my woofers, and the final load is around 2 ohm, so the taramps give me around 1900 each one, and the steg is stereo 4 ohm, 2x155 rms

Are you willing to lose loudness for better quality cause it will be very hard to find a 2/4 channel amp with enough power for those woofers.

I went from a Taramps DSP3k on my 4 10s to a 4 channel 125x4 and lost alot output and no difference in sound quality.

Are you willing to lose loudness for better quality cause it will be very hard to find a 2/4 channel amp with enough power for those woofers.

I went from a Taramps DSP3k on my 4 10s to a 4 channel 125x4 and lost alot output and no difference in sound quality.
Are you telleng me that every amp Is the same and quality is not changing between a 200 dollar taramps and a 1400 dollar sundown?

Are you telleng me that every amp Is the same and quality is not changing between a 200 dollar taramps and a 1400 dollar sundown?

Not necessarily. No every amp is not the same quality. I mean SQ championships have been won on PPI class D amps. I'm asking if you are willing to lower power to gain sound quality. But I don't know what $1400 sundown amp you are talking about. "1900rms" with the two Taramps 3ks per side to a salt500.4 for all 8?

Hmm. All those 10's and some bullet tweeters on a sh1t ton of powa. I'm venturing a guess that it is incredibly painful and leads me to believe that some serious EQ is in order here. Does it sound shrill and scratchy? Do you have an equalizer?

Hmm. All those 10's and some bullet tweeters on a sh1t ton of powa. I'm venturing a guess that it is incredibly painful and leads me to believe that some serious EQ is in order here. Does it sound shrill and scratchy? Do you have an equalizer?
Sound pretty decent, but i think my woofer can sound better with some serious good quality amp. Anyway yes, i done a basic equalization, my headunit have a 9 band

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...