How could I run a pair of 10cvr124's?

Participant count
  • Participant list

chuckle490
10+ year member

I'm currently running one cvr124 off a sony xm-1s amp. For Christmas I was gonna get a Kicker ZX400.1 amp to replace the sony xm 1-s. If I feel like it, In January or Febuary I might get another one to make it a pair. If I did so could I run another Kicker ZX400.1 to it and have a total of three amps in my car, my 4 channel speaker amp and the two 11ZX400.1's. Or would I need to get 1 1000 watt amp and run the subs off that. Also how much of a difference in sound would there be if I were to get a ported box for the both of em, to replace the one sealed I already have? I don't like sloppy bass but I listen to mostly dubstep, house, Drum and bass, electronica, and Nu disco so I need a lot of it! I appreciate all the help!

Sure you can..As long as you be sure to get DVC 4 ohm subs, the Kicker zx amps will be perfect @2ohms on ea subwoofer.I do recommend ported box ea sub.Im running 1 amp per sub/autotek mean machine 66 on ea 10in cvr in a 1.6 cu ft chamber @34 htz,@2ohms ea, and sounds great for my daily work vehicle,and running an old school sstream 204 4ch,swapping to a jl 360 possibly

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.