How do I make a smart decision on buying speakers when I only hear them in a showroom

DeGarmo

hey yall, I'm new to this forum and car audio in general so forgive my ignorance.

I recently decided I want to entirely upgrade the stock system in my 2007 Volvo S60, but didn't know where to start so I went to some local shops. The shop I want to buy from sells Memphis Audio, Phoenix Gold and Hybrid Audio speakers. I can't afford the Hybrid Audio Clarus they offer, so I'm deciding between the other two. Btw, I've already bought a Pioneer avh-x4600bt for my head unit.

My question is how do I make the best decision on which speakers to buy when I'm only hearing a simple comp set-up in a showroom? It's obviously going to sound differently in my car as well as running 2 coaxials behind me.

In case you're wondering, I'm going between the Phoenix Gold Ti265CS and the Memphis MCC6A.

hey yall, I'm new to this forum and car audio in general so forgive my ignorance.
I recently decided I want to entirely upgrade the stock system in my 2007 Volvo S60, but didn't know where to start so I went to some local shops. The shop I want to buy from sells Memphis Audio, Phoenix Gold and Hybrid Audio speakers. I can't afford the Hybrid Audio Clarus they offer, so I'm deciding between the other two. Btw, I've already bought a Pioneer avh-x4600bt for my head unit.

My question is how do I make the best decision on which speakers to buy when I'm only hearing a simple comp set-up in a showroom? It's obviously going to sound differently in my car as well as running 2 coaxials behind me.

In case you're wondering, I'm going between the Phoenix Gold Ti265CS and the Memphis MCC6A.

just out of curiosity broham, what exactly are you looking for out of these speakers? do you have subs? and whats your budget? its possible that maybe we could help you out with a few suggestions to save you a few bucks versus spending them at the local sound shop

Personal Message Sent!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.