How will this sound

Participant count
  • Participant list
The MTX is a good amp. Reliable. And underrated so you will get a little more than the 500w at 2ohm //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif there are several comparable amps around the same price range. My advice would be to listen to as many as possible. And trust your ears.

The MTX is probably the higher quality amp as distortion is a little lower and S/N is quite a bit higher. While the Rockford is about 10% more efficient and puts out about 200 more watts.

For your application where the extra power isn't really called for, at $80 price difference I'd have to say the MTX would be the one to go with.

The MTX is $300 compared to $380 for the Rockford.

If you have the HE and not HE2, you may even consider going with an MTX 4250D at $200.

It puts out a little over 400W RMS into 2 ohms. While the HE 12s can only handle a little over 200W apiece.

Looks like a nice match to me. Although it can can never hurt to have too much power if used wisely. And you get additional expansion capabilities, say if you wanted to add 2 more subs or step up to more powerful ones.

Just a few things to consider.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.