Ipods **** S***T

I got it to work. Still *****. its so pickey it took me 10 times hooking up before it said well ok we will deal with it. what I want is a standard mp3 hard drive that i can just copy songs onto. well I guess someone wouldnt have a chance to make money. sorry i am so cynical.
if you are looking for an AWESOME hard drive mp3 player, look at the IRIVER H320 or H340 models.

i have the H340 and it kicks ipods butt EXCEPT the ipod screen quality is a little better and thinner

Hold down the play button and the center button at the same time for about 3 secs. if that doesn't work then hold down the Menu and the center button. It will do a reset and still keep all your songs on there. If that doesn't work it's not recognizing it because the connection is bad. Try another cable and if it still persists call apple if it's within' a year they will send you a box ship it to them and they'll most likely just give her a brand new one!

If you have any questions PM me....I deal w/ this stuff all the time lol

-Nick-

And if you want a really realible MP3 player get the Toshiba Gigabeat
It comes w/ window media on it so you don't need Itunes, etc.

-Nick-
I reviewed the 40GB model about a year and a half ago. I hated, hated, hated the '+' touch pad. That, and the model that I had some how deleted the firmware off it's self after a month, sending it into a continual reboot until you turn the battery off.

ipods are definitely quirky. I've noticed that I'll get connection errors or batt low messages sometimes and if I do a reset it fixes the problem. It's kinda like your PC needs to be fully restarted sometimes instead of always just logging off.

I do have a big issue with the stupid Itunes software. It's funky to use and if you lose the data on your pc you basically have to re rip everything. I had to format my computer a while back and it wouldn't let me copy my songs from the ipod to my playlist. Now I have to be careful not to auto sync or it will delete most of the music on there because it's not in Itunes.

or you could just try cleaning the contacts on the bottom of the ipod? those get cruded up soo easily its not even funny, take a soft bristle tooth brush, or an air container can work just as good, all depends on whats "lodged" in there, be it pocket lint, or gunk.

i have the creative zen vision:M and i like it alot. I like the FM radio and FM recording.

i think you can get it for around 260 now if you look around and find a coupon or two. Well worth it!

IRIVER H340 4EVA!!!!!!!!!!

has fm radio, internal and an external mic, a "line-in" AND "line-out" on the top of the player, reset button on the side, hold button, a HOST and DEVICE USB connections on the bottom and you can drag and drop files using NO PROGRAM like itunes and can use it on ANY computer without installing programs or cd installation

plus it supports Rockbox which gives you so many audio features it will blow your mind!! you can even mix your music and have non-stop playlists!

sucky ipod has only a hold button and no other option built on the player. you gotta go out and buy all these extras to use have of it

Sigh.

Battery Problems; Stop using USB 1.0, dammit.

Recognizing Problems; Stop blundering your Windows install, dammit.

Exclamation Folder; Stop dropping your iPod, dammit.

Doesn't Play Purchased Music; Stop connecting it to random ****, dammit.

Don't Know How to Use It; Stop breathing, dammit.

Mismatched iPod / iTunes content / Lost library; Use iPodRip.

IRIVER H340 4EVA!!!!!!!!!!
has fm radio, internal and an external mic, a "line-in" AND "line-out" on the top of the player, reset button on the side, hold button, a HOST and DEVICE USB connections on the bottom and you can drag and drop files using NO PROGRAM like itunes and can use it on ANY computer without installing programs or cd installation

plus it supports Rockbox which gives you so many audio features it will blow your mind!! you can even mix your music and have non-stop playlists!

sucky ipod has only a hold button and no other option built on the player. you gotta go out and buy all these extras to use have of it
all that fizz and flare does alot of people no good, and you can do the whole non-stop playlists with the ipod as well, just have to be a little more inteligent to manipulate it, but i know i can listen to mine for over a week without listening to the same song twice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

99StangGt

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
99StangGt
Oregon
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date