Ipods **** S***T

i just use my ipod at the gym or while doin work, etc

when i get a cd, i make a copy and keep one in my car and leave the master in my house

dont have to drag around cds ever

plus ipods sound like azz hooked up to my car stereo

20 bux for an fm modulator? it'd be around 60-70 for the adapter for a stock radio(depending on vehicle) cost me 3 dollars to hook mine up(rca cable) gotta love a radio with rca inputs on the back. you don't have to have the interface to use an ipod on a car stereo, this is why you make playlists. as for the h340, i don't believe there is an interface to connect a h340 directly to the cd player so you can control it all from one central point.
and wtf do you need a remote control for on an mp3 player? are you that lazy that you don't wanna move your arm 6-7" to the cupholder to change songs?

honestly i love my ipod, its never done me wrong, easy to upload, never had a problem with itunes, never had a problem freeing up space on it, and i can still use it as an external hard drive(storing various files for transfer). Can't say anything bad about it.
who said anything about am fm modulater?

i can do the same as you. AUX rca's on my deck and it costs the price of a set of RCA jacks to connect the H340 to my stereo.

my point is, if you DONT have AUX rca jacks on the back of your stereo, which many dont have outside of these forums, and if dont have an Alpine deck, then it costs a lot to hook up an ipod to a factory car stereo or aftermarket than an H340

and no, i NEVER said i need a remote. i just said its an option ipod doesnt have. also, if your walking and NOT in a car, then a remote is VERY handy! put the player in the bag and clip the remote to your jacket

i paid $300 for all of the accessories and the player above, and i actually sold 3 accessoreis i dont need and made $75 back. so actually the H340 cost me $225 for a 40 gigger plus some accessoies that i also could keep as well

also, being objective, unlike most ipod owners who say their ipod is the best and cant find nothing wrong with it, i CAN find some flaws with the H340 and i surely can find a lot more with the ipod. difference is, i own up to the flaws where a lot of others dont. fact is, the ipod has more flaws than the H340 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I just recently bought an ipod for the ONLY reason being that I wanted the adapter for my p880prs. I still have a creative zen touch and it has great battery life, is very durable, and has better SQ than the ipod. That being said, Apple has such a monopoly on the accessory market that if want any cool accessories you pretty much have to buy an ipod. I also have to say that the integration of files to the ipod and ease of use are much better than the creative. And the adapter for my HU is pretty cool.

The ipod is great for what is was originally designed for. It's issues come into light when you try and use it for something else - ie. a car mp3 jukebox. It's not one. it's a portable mp3 player. Great for joggers and people who ride the bus places or want to listen to techno while their professor is mumbling about physics. Not so great for basing your entire car stereo around unless you don't mind the lack of a remote in your car (when the **** is the last time you bought a deck without a remote? why should your mp3 player be different?), don't mind the lackluster sound quality and lack of support for open formats such as flac and ogg, or the lack of playlist modification and tweaking on the fly. The reality of the situation is that the H340 or the ipod or the rio karma, all of them, are just not designed to be the centerpiece of a car audio stereo. Debate on about weather they're the best portable mp3 players.

who said anything about am fm modulater?i can do the same as you. AUX rca's on my deck and it costs the price of a set of RCA jacks to connect the H340 to my stereo.

my point is, if you DONT have AUX rca jacks on the back of your stereo, which many dont have outside of these forums, and if dont have an Alpine deck, then it costs a lot to hook up an ipod to a factory car stereo or aftermarket than an H340

and no, i NEVER said i need a remote. i just said its an option ipod doesnt have. also, if your walking and NOT in a car, then a remote is VERY handy! put the player in the bag and clip the remote to your jacket

i paid $300 for all of the accessories and the player above, and i actually sold 3 accessoreis i dont need and made $75 back. so actually the H340 cost me $225 for a 40 gigger plus some accessoies that i also could keep as well

also, being objective, unlike most ipod owners who say their ipod is the best and cant find nothing wrong with it, i CAN find some flaws with the H340 and i surely can find a lot more with the ipod. difference is, i own up to the flaws where a lot of others dont. fact is, the ipod has more flaws than the H340 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wo/4.RSLID?mco=1979FAD4&nplm=MA128G%2FA

looks like it does afterall, you shouldn't state something without proving it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wo/2.RSLID?mco=7E6F3C90&nplm=M9861G%2FA

can you get one of those for your h340?

this is a pretty expensive "extra", but lets see you do this with your h340

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wo/8.RSLID?mco=C79A16F5&nplm=TF410LL%2FA

yes the ipod may have a few flaws, but as i've stated before, and i'll say it again, i'm very happy with it, and idk if its the radio your using, but mine sounds pretty good on my stereo.

Would you like to explain to me what the hell you'd need a camera for your iPod for? I'm pretty the majority of the people on this forum can say that they have a digital camera or a camera phone so I consider that a useless accesory and it is nothing to brag about.

Ooo, a mixing station. Yippee! I'm sure that a whole bunch of people have bought that one. I'm sure if someone was that serious about it they would buy real equipment instead of the overpriced crap that that thing probably is.

As far as MP3 players go, they were designed to play music and that's what it should be left at. Of course they all have their strengths and flaws, but it always comes down to personal preference. I will say though that some of the accesories that iPod has out there are rediculous and completely unnecessary. This may be why I'd rather get a Creative or iRiver or something along those lines, but once again it all comes down to personal preference.

Great for joggers .
acyually the ipod 30, 60GB or H340 funny enough isnt great for joggers since they are hard drives inside and you arent suppossed to be constantly moving with one in your hand or on your arm. to be honest, they are almost BETTER suited for a car

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wo/4.RSLID?mco=1979FAD4&nplm=MA128G%2FA
looks like it does afterall, you shouldn't state something without proving it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wo/2.RSLID?mco=7E6F3C90&nplm=M9861G%2FA

can you get one of those for

your h340?

this is a pretty expensive "extra", but lets see you do this with your h340

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wo/8.RSLID?mco=C79A16F5&nplm=TF410LL%2FA

yes the ipod may have a few flaws, but as i've stated before, and i'll say it again, i'm very happy with it, and idk if its the radio your using, but mine sounds pretty good on my stereo.

haha! are you kidding me??????//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

first of all, when i say remote, im talking about one that controls the music from the player itself. NOT to use in other ways seperately from music. and i dont have to buy one, it came with mine

secondly, you posted this:

"looks like it does afterall, you shouldn't state something without proving it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

can you get one of those for your h340?"

what do you mean, "looks like it can do this afterall" ?? do what??? if youre talking about that being ipods cradle, its not. if you are talking about the cradle, well i dont gotta buy mine, it comes in the box, and the ipod one would be over $40 with shipping at least. like i said above $300 for everything with ALL accessories and 40 gigs.

also, why cant the H340 connect to a camera?? it can hook up to things more than that. haha with the USB host port on the bottom, it can connect to almost MP3 player and either TAKE or GIVE files off of each player. talk about flexibility!

of course, the only mp3 player you cant connect is the ipod, coz Apple are snakes and they dont want ipods being compatible with anything else in the world. geeez... you even gotta buy the A/V cables directly from Apple coz normal A/V cables arent compatible. once again, Apple screws over more people

can the ipod do that? NO!!

"yes the ipod may have a few flaws, but as i've stated before, and i'll say it again, i'm very happy with it, and idk if its the radio your using, but mine sounds pretty good on my stereo"

to be honest, my H340 sounds awesome on my player!!! who said it didnt? not me

also, of course yours and mine and anyone elses will sound good on your stereo if youre connecting the way we are , directly with line-out and rca jacks from the player

k idk if your just licking crack now or what? but the remote i posted will control a normal ipod with a built in ir reciever(i.e. the new ones, or ones which had that option, i honestly never looked into the instructions on mine to see if it had that, but the ipod does infact offer a remote, reguardless of cost, i'll stick with mine, not about to buy a new mp3 player just because it offers more options then the one i already have.

as for the cradle? no that was just a camera, idk bout you, but i don't control my digital camera while putting it in a cradle, unless its on top of a tripod. as for the rca's, wow

k idk if your just licking crack now or what? but the remote i posted will control a normal ipod with a built in ir reciever(i.e. the new ones, or ones which had that option, i honestly never looked into the instructions on mine to see if it had that, but the ipod does infact offer a remote, reguardless of cost, i'll stick with mine, not about to buy a new mp3 player just because it offers more options then the one i already have.as for the cradle? no that was just a camera, idk bout you, but i don't control my digital camera while putting it in a cradle, unless its on top of a tripod. as for the rca's, wow
i think youre the one licking crack, coz now youre contradicting yourself. you now admit flaws with ipods but before you said you couldnt find anything wrong with it. which is it????

also, you say there is a remote regardless of the price. well, the whole point of comparing player IS THE PRICE and whether or not its included in the package. i can list a whole lot of items that the H340 can connect to etc., but thats not the debate. the debate is value, what comes with the player and functions. also that remote isnt a typical remote that you can carry with the player like a normal remote for an mp3 player

also, read the print under your remote link :

"The Apple Remote requires the iPod Universal Dock and any iPod with a Dock connector. "

more hassle to buy crap from Apple. so lets see, you gotta buy the player which is more than mine with all my accessories as well, plus i get 10 more gigs.

then you gotta get a :

case worth calling a case

plastic body screen protector coz the ipods surface scratches like hell. if you dont put a plactic cating over the ENTIRE front, get ready for scratches!!!!!!!!

dock

remote

A/V cables

and a wall charger

AT LEAST $100 more since you'd probably have to order them all straight from Apple

and the kicker is you have to buy these things ALL from Apple. you have no choice to buy other similar companies products, coz Apple likes ripping suckers off

im just not one of them:)

95prober, your one sad sad person, i think you should put down the keyboard and walk away on this one, because i've never seen someone "reapeat" themselves, and post wrong information, as much as you have. I'm sorry, but your just not worth the time of posting anymore to keep pushing a dead issue.

acyually the ipod 30, 60GB or H340 funny enough isnt great for joggers since they are hard drives inside and you arent suppossed to be constantly moving with one in your hand or on your arm. to be honest, they are almost BETTER suited for a car
If the micro drives in those players can't handle a couple of G's of shock from someone jogging, they are complete trash. Don't believe all the solid state ipod nano marketting ******** you hear.

If the micro drives in those players can't handle a couple of G's of shock from someone jogging, they are complete trash. Don't believe all the solid state ipod nano marketting ******** you hear.
lol, well i guess i've proved that whole "ipod skip" myth, i've got a pretty decent stereo in my truck, and where my ipod sits, there's a couple of songs where its litterally jumped out of the cupholder, hung from the wire, and was still playing and didn't miss a beat....so yea, i'm very impressed with mine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

99StangGt

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
99StangGt
Oregon
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date