Ipods **** S***T

all that fizz and flare does alot of people no good, and you can do the whole non-stop playlists with the ipod as well, just have to be a little more inteligent to manipulate it, but i know i can listen to mine for over a week without listening to the same song twice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
you call radio and a built in mic, fizz and flare ???

ummm..dude..... they have a basic feature on almost EVERY mp3 player that has been ever made!

maybe you can listen to your over a week without repeating a song, but maybe others cant or dont want to. fact is, rockbox is not even hardly developed for th eipod yet. only in its early stage.

also itunes ****! you cant even drag and drop files from other computers if you wanted to without the program

say you want you want, nothin comes close to USB On The Go plus cheapass Apple dont even put any accessories with their players, what a rip!

The iPod is an overrated piece of **** ... Apple could very easily change a lot of the negative things about the iPod, but they're more concerned with making as much money as they can off of it ...
Cash-grab and ignorance ftl ...
EXACTLY!!

but a lot of noobs and people who follow the trends of having a "cool" player, NOT!, get brainwashed and actually think ipods are the best! little do they know, Apple is laughing at every person who buys one. my friend paid over $400 for an ipod 60GB video, and all they give in the box is shitty earphones, pouch and a cd

RIP!!!!!!!!

I'm not a big fan of Ipods either, and they seem to scratch up easily. I have an Iriver and it's really nice, I've had it for a year and the silicone carrying case has protected it very well. My gf has a samsung mp3 player and that thing blows, it constantly shuts down and keeps saying that she needs to reinstall the firmware even though we've installed it plenty of times. I've also heard great things about the creative mp3 players.

you call radio and a built in mic, fizz and flare ???

ummm..dude..... they have a basic feature on almost EVERY mp3 player that has been ever made!

maybe you can listen to your over a week without repeating a song, but maybe others cant or dont want to. fact is, rockbox is not even hardly developed for th eipod yet. only in its early stage.

also itunes ****! you cant even drag and drop files from other computers if you wanted to without the program

say you want you want, nothin comes close to USB On The Go plus cheapass Apple dont even put any accessories with their players, what a rip!
find me a 60 gig portable mp3 player that costs less then ipod, and i'll buy it.

honestly what accessories would you need with your ipod if all your gonna do is listen to it while your walking? an armband? wow.....but seriously, i've never had a problem with mine, options don't make the mp3 player, space does //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

find me a 60 gig portable mp3 player that costs less then ipod, and i'll buy it.honestly what accessories would you need with your ipod if all your gonna do is listen to it while your walking? an armband? wow.....but seriously, i've never had a problem with mine, options don't make the mp3 player, space does //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
when you pay over $400 plus for a player, accessories DO make or break a deal

when i say accessories, im not talking about your armband

ummmmmmm....... how about cheap ass Apple putting a freakin wall charger in the box???? i wouldnt call that an accessory thats too fancy

also..

if you are using it for walking, how about Apple putting in an ACTUAL case and not a pouch. what the heck is that crap anyway?? iriver puts a leather case in with most of their H340

plus no cradle, or battery packs for travelling. all of these would have to be purchased after, which would cost close to $75 at least

also, space DOESNT make the player entirely, its now easy it is to use that space. and with itunes controlling that space, id never buy one

when you pay over $400 plus for a player, accessories DO make or break a deal
when i say accessories, im not talking about your armband

ummmmmmm....... how about cheap ass Apple putting a freakin wall charger in the box???? i wouldnt call that an accessory thats too fancy

also..

if you are using it for walking, how about Apple putting in an ACTUAL case and not a pouch. what the heck is that crap anyway?? iriver puts a leather case in with most of their H340

plus no cradle, or battery packs for travelling. all of these would have to be purchased after, which would cost close to $75 at least

also, space DOESNT make the player entirely, its now easy it is to use that space. and with itunes controlling that space, id never buy one
you know i did notice that, there is a lack of wall charger in the newest ones, those crappy video ones, so you've won that arguement there, mine came with one though(bought mine over a year ago) as for the case, mine did come with a leather case, and that pouch is pretty pathetic. as for the battery packs? idk bout the newer ones, but i can go a whole day without charging mine, sometimes 2 depending on volume levels and how often i switch songs(backlight turning on and off)

idk bout no 75 dollar figure either for no travel packs/cradles, 30 bux TOPS.

and yes, i'm still stickin to the space deal, i'd rather pay 300 bux for a 30 gig, then 300 for a 20 gig with a couple bells and whistles in the box.

You are a fool for making **** a comment. Just because you have little or no knowledge of computers doesnt' mean ipods ****. They are actually very easy to use and only an impatient idiot couldn't.

I've got a 30gb vid. Works perfectly. The ease of it is insane.

I take it everywhere with me, Have an interface for the alpine. Its great and beats the hell out of my overstocked cd case when on the road.

you know i did notice that, there is a lack of wall charger in the newest ones, those crappy video ones, so you've won that arguement there, mine came with one though(bought mine over a year ago) as for the case, mine did come with a leather case, and that pouch is pretty pathetic. as for the battery packs? idk bout the newer ones, but i can go a whole day without charging mine, sometimes 2 depending on volume levels and how often i switch songs(backlight turning on and off)
idk bout no 75 dollar figure either for no travel packs/cradles, 30 bux TOPS.

and yes, i'm still stickin to the space deal, i'd rather pay 300 bux for a 30 gig, then 300 for a 20 gig with a couple bells and whistles in the box.
but first you were making a case to try and find a player to match up with the new video 60GB, yet you yourself call it crappy. that means, you are talking about comparing an older model ipod which you like, to others out there. in my opinion, that means the ipod you must like has 30GB's im assuming. and THAT means, the H340 can EASILY compare and wins hands down on most areas for the same price.

i got my iriver H340 , 40GB hard drive, for $300 NEW

included was:

10 more gigs

leather case,

cradle,

external battery pack,

sennheiser earphones (not that great, but WAY better than ipods)

cables

wall charger

cd, manual

remote control

external microphone

if you want to compare that to the older models of ipods you like, or new videos ones doesnt matter, then the H340 wins hands down for price, and what you actually get!

also, if you want apple accessories, you surely pay 75 or more and buying a car interface, is like over $100 what a rip!

i use line-in / line out port on my player plug it into rca connector and rca's into the cd player. costs me $10 only downfall is, you cant see the H340 menu on the car stereo

I've got a 30gb vid. Works perfectly. The ease of it is insane.
I take it everywhere with me, Have an interface for the alpine. Its great and beats the hell out of my overstocked cd case when on the road.
its strange why many people say ipods are so easy to use. i mean, controlling the unit, i find the menu pretty easy, but that itunes program is really screwed up! i mean, i love that fact that my player has USB on the go, which after 1 second of plugging it in, pops up as an external hard drive and i can drag and drop on my file tree with no program

heres another flaw with itunes my friend and i noticed on his. for example, he stored music and photos on his player, then a week later, tried to add more pics and songs but in itunes, it will overwrite any exisitng files on your player with the new ones you want on it!! same thing is true if you plug your ipod into a friends computer to try and take some of his songs or whatever. itll overwrite exisitng files. what a pain trying to get around that!

with a USB on the go type player, all you do is make a new folder under the file tree and drag and drop thats it!

oh, curious, how much is an alpine interface?

but first you were making a case to try and find a player to match up with the new video 60GB, yet you yourself call it crappy. that means, you are talking about comparing an older model ipod which you like, to others out there. in my opinion, that means the ipod you must like has 30GB's im assuming. and THAT means, the H340 can EASILY compare and wins hands down on most areas for the same price.
i got my iriver H340 , 40GB hard drive, for $300 NEW

included was:

10 more gigs

leather case,

cradle,

external battery pack,

sennheiser earphones (not that great, but WAY better than ipods)

cables

wall charger

cd, manual

remote control

external microphone

if you want to compare that to the older models of ipods you like, or new videos ones doesnt matter, then the H340 wins hands down for price, and what you actually get!

also, if you want apple accessories, you surely pay 75 or more and buying a car interface, is like over $100 what a rip!

i use line-in / line out port on my player plug it into rca connector and rca's into the cd player. costs me $10 only downfall is, you cant see the H340 menu on the car stereo
20 bux for an fm modulator? it'd be around 60-70 for the adapter for a stock radio(depending on vehicle) cost me 3 dollars to hook mine up(rca cable) gotta love a radio with rca inputs on the back. you don't have to have the interface to use an ipod on a car stereo, this is why you make playlists. as for the h340, i don't believe there is an interface to connect a h340 directly to the cd player so you can control it all from one central point.

and wtf do you need a remote control for on an mp3 player? are you that lazy that you don't wanna move your arm 6-7" to the cupholder to change songs?

honestly i love my ipod, its never done me wrong, easy to upload, never had a problem with itunes, never had a problem freeing up space on it, and i can still use it as an external hard drive(storing various files for transfer). Can't say anything bad about it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

99StangGt

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
99StangGt
Oregon
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date