Just got new subs, wiring question....

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jimmaaay
10+ year member

Greek Man
Ok I just ordered two 2 ohm dual voice coil woofers and I was wondering to wire then to 2 ohms is this how I should do it. Wire the voice coils in parallel (negative to negative, positive to positive) on both subs. Then wire the positive of sub one to the + on the amp and the negative of the sub two to the negative on the amp? Oh by the way the amp is a mono block amp. Just wanted to to see if this was correct to wire these at 2 ohms.

Thanks, James

Also when I see the wires in the diagram that are connected does that mean I have to wire through the box? Like the positives they are combining into one. I am confused on that part.

its basic stuff parallel cuts the ohm load in half and series increases it

well depends on how you look at it^^

wire the coils on each sub in series (2 + 2) = 4 ohm per sub

then wire each sub in parallel to the amp (4 - 4) = 2 ohms

Yes I have a box with 2 separate chambers. If you look in the diagram for wiring to 2 ohms, the positive from one woofer connects with the positive from the other woofer. It looks like they are connecting. Do you wire between the chambers. The diagram confuses me.

How would I do that from the outside of the terminals? As you can tell I am new and I just dont wanna blow my subs from faulty wiring.

i would help ya and do a "paint" drawing but im too tired. just wire each sub like this...

both pos. to the pos. of the terminal, and both neg. to the neg. of the terminal....

then from the outside of the box. wire one pos. of one terminal to the neg. of the other terminal.

THEN wire the remaining pos and neg of the terminals to the amps pos and neg. respectivly

2_2ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

The part that is confusing me is the part that I circled. The wires connect so do I have to wire the subs between the box, like wire through the wall of the box to the other woofer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Jimmaaay

10+ year member
Greek Man
Jimmaaay
Concord, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date