Low Level Vs High Level

Participant count
  • Participant list
Ok so I posted this in the Amplifier section but I will post this here just in case...

"Ok please excuse my ignorance as I am sure people have discussed this before. I looked through the google searches read some things but I am still not sure which one to choose. I come here in hopes of some wise man guiding me in the right direction.

So I have a 2014 Subaru Impreza with an aftermarket HU installed, Pioneer AVIC 8000-NEX. I will be installing my amplifier which is a JL Audio 700/5v2. I have Stinger Speedwire to run in the car. Initially I was going to go the low level (RCA) route but then I was reading more about the different hookup methods and started to become more confused as to which I should install. My overall for this is sound quality. I will be adding sound deadening and a digital sound processor down the road.

I am the kind of person that likes to do things right the first time, even if it's a pain in the butt or costs me a little extra. I will be installing everything myself but I would like to bring it to someone to tune everything because I am not that knowledgeable in car audio as I am mechanically inclined more than anything else. (Unless you guys think that I may be competent enough to do it myself first, and yes, I am familiar with a DMM )But I am willing to learn and educate myself."

Don't make multiple threads..your question will be answered in the original and it just clutters up the forum. Welcome to caraudio.com //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Go rcas...you dont want to use speaker leads for a signal to an amp,unless your keeping factory head unit or dont have rcas. Much cleaner rca.

Don't make multiple threads..your question will be answered in the original and it just clutters up the forum. Welcome to caraudio.com //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Sorry, it didn't look like these forum was active with a lot of members, just s ish ton of guests like 200+. Thank you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

Go rcas...you dont want to use speaker leads for a signal to an amp,unless your keeping factory head unit or dont have rcas. Much cleaner rca.
So are there no quality differences between the two?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.