My front speakers keep blowing! Please help!

Narcistic

i used to have a pair of boston speakers in front, blew about 4 times untill i gave up paying to get them fixed and got a set of focals ps-165.

the first phuqin day i had them, the passenger's tweeter blew.

got tha chit fixed.

today the driver's side blows up, and the mid smell's (it's only smellz) like burnt plastic or wire, or what ever but it didn't blow.

the dude that get's my stuff installed doesnt know wtf could be going on, the amp is properly adjusted according to him.

i got pics, can someone embed them for me since i'm new?

bump //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

edit: i'm from the misc (bodybuilding.com forum, 19th most visited in the world).

i'm sorry brah's i thought this forum was fast as fuaaark like the misc. sorry for the bump spam, but i thought my thread had gotten buarried.

First off, why did you pay to get those fixed, there are these new things called warrantys. After the second time it blew I would fire your installer and make him pay for speaker replacement/repair since you didn't buy a warranty and still didn't get one after the 2nd blown pair. I'm going to say he's a dirty liar and the amps gain is not properly adjusted, what amp is it? Have you tried turning it down or tuning it personally, it's quite simple and cost less then 5 pairs of speakers. The installer doesn't know whats going on or what he's doing from what it sounds like.

TL;DR = Tune yourself and what type of wire, gauge of wire, and what amp?

Last resort = Aftermarket HU

You need to list more info for us to help you. List what amp, how signal gets from HU to amp (using LOC? RCA's? If LOC, which LOC?), what speakers are wired to, take pic of amp settings, what power/ground wiring.

uWevzQM.jpg

RMK3HzP.jpg

oafM5Wo.jpg

l2ITBVc.jpg

k9zFPPv.jpg

Olov7z0.jpg

And you PAID someone to do a "DIRTY" installation like that???? Wow man, where are u located - maybe someone can help you here...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.