my IDQ12 does not rumble..want feedback

try it ported.
you dont have a problem.

give it more power if you want more output.

mine "rumble" and i can feel the wind from them.
wind (noun) - air in natural motion, as that moving horizontally at any velocity along the earth's surface.

wow. it seems like you have a cold front inside your vehicle. watch out for precipitation.

anyway. whatever you are describing with your 'rumble' is normally linked to distortion or unwanted resonances of your cars interior. why on earth would you WANT your car to rattle? you seriously do not make any sense with your description of things. just send me the idq and put your JL garbage back in and im sure you will be happy. ill even give you a few dollars for it if you want. i have had 4 idq's in the past and present, and i have never had a single issue with them. i also never had a 'vibration' problem.

if you want to feel the bass, go get some tactile transducers.

wow didn't realize people would be so touchy over their IDQs, but i guess it's like calling someone's kid ugly, bound to take it personally.

anyway, i don't think its too much to expect to feel a little of the bass. to me, it's just a sign of hitting the lower bass notes. i dont want my car to rattle, and i never said that. if i just wanted to hear the bass i would have got an 8".

also, i have adjusted the gain settings, i just have not optimized them. i've put them low and adjusted them higher on both teh amp and the LOC. it just seems that the sub doesnt hit very low.

the way you described it was like rattles.

seriously, if you want to feel the bass get another one and double the power or go do SPL. sq is not about feeling the bass, and feeling the bass has nothing to do with low notes.

i just dont understand what you want. i 100% doubt a w3 had any authority over the idqv3 in any way shape or form.

all i want is when a song has a really low bass note, to be able to feel it when my sub hits. i think anyone that has ever owned a sub can understand what that means.

the IDQ is an awesome sub. Punchy Tight and Hits the lows extremely well. Maybe its your car? I had 1 IDQ12 recieving about 600rms in a sealed box in my 03 taurus and it got loud!

all i want is when a song has a really low bass note, to be able to feel it when my sub hits. i think anyone that has ever owned a sub can understand what that means.

Im pretty sure its the box. Put that sub in a ported box......I guarantee you will feel it.

i have my IDQ 12 inch v.3 in a ported box at 1.9 @ 28hz and i definitely feel the low bass notes. Try playing Kanye West Put On song. That sh't makes my heart hurt. Maybe you should set your gains to give the sub around 500 rms. or increase your bass and treble level of the factory headunit.

OR

go ported

the IDQ is an awesome sub. Punchy Tight and Hits the lows extremely well. Maybe its your car? I had 1 IDQ12 recieving about 600rms in a sealed box in my 03 taurus and it got loud!
like i said i'll try messing with the gain settings when i get home tonight. i had them turned down a good amount b/c i still want to be able to hear the music, and i dont like the "thudding" noise from subs.

as for ported/sealed, it's too late for that. i dont have a ported enclosure and i dont plan on getting one. i would imagine a sealed shoudl sitll be able to get teh job done.

like i said i'll try messing with the gain settings when i get home tonight. i had them turned down a good amount b/c i still want to be able to hear the music, and i dont like the "thudding" noise from subs.
as for ported/sealed, it's too late for that. i dont have a ported enclosure and i dont plan on getting one. i would imagine a sealed shoudl sitll be able to get teh job done.
that thudding noise when the VC slams into the back plate? Yeah your sub doesnt like it either, set your gains with a DMM, consider going ported and set your EQ to flat for tuning.

ok so everyone can take a deep breath, i messed with the gain settings, and the sub sounds very good.

problem #1 - gain on LOC way too low.

problem #2 - gain on amp too low

problem #3 - bass equalizer setting on amp (like bass boost) too high

i cranked up #1, moved #2 up a little, and turned #3 off (0 dB). the sub sounds excellent, almost a little too loud now on some songs! i'm still going to need to fine tune even more, but i am quite pleased at the moment.

and for the record, i got the rumble i was looking for.

Nice VT - 9/10 times it's the installation (1) more than the equipment (2) when you're dealing with high quality components like you are. Folks just got upset that 1 + 1 didn't equal 2 here.

Glad you got the output you wanted. It can sometimes take weeks to tweak those gains to be just right to your ears. Looks like you've got a good start and can't wait 'till you ditch that LOC //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.