Northeast Region NESPL & CT's Jammin 107.7 9/27/09

CT,DC,DE,MA,MD,NH,NJ,NY,PA,RI,VT,WV
It's a cool idea for sure, but I think NESPL is still too new to get serious about an actual membership. We'll see how next season goes, and if the average number of competitors at each event grows next year like it did this year, then we'll put some serious consideration into it. For now it's more about just having fun and running some shows for those looking to show off being loud. I'd love to be just a competitor, but if I don't run the shows there really isn't anyone left to do it, with a couple of exceptions of course.

I would do a membership deal with NESPL. Adam and I were saying it would also be cool to have a regional event at the end of the year. Im putting most of my effort into Nespl. If a drag show comes around Ill def go but as far as I'm concerned Ralph and USACI can go **** themselves. If you need any help Steve you have the Team at your service.

I'm sure you know this Steve but for the record, I am down for membership, or any variance of it you see fit. NESPL OWNS New England, period. Be prepared for a blow out season next year, yes I can see the future and it is bright ;-)

Alright Wayne Harris, listen to your competitors, lol.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif:p://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Alright Wayne Harris, listen to your competitors, lol.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif:p://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
lol, careful now, last those big guys want to see is more competition, for their competitions.

I'd like to be able to offer Slammin Bass at every event next season, but with time limitations at some car shows and the night shows, it wouldn't work out too well. Kind of like trying to run a drags and Bass Race event at a car show, and have only 3-4 hours to get everything done. Hopefully we can get some more shows at actual car audio shops in 2010 and we won't have to worry about time limits like that.

We are looking into running a points system for competitors next season, no details on that yet, but it's in the works. Like I was telling Nate at the CT show, during the off-season we're going to get a thread going on a forum, probably not this one. The purpose of the thread will be to discuss new rules and ideas for the 2010 season. Pretty much the same thing other orgs do before the next season starts up. I'll let everyone know when I get this posted, don't expect to see it til Dec maybe January.

Steve you have a good following up here because you are stand up good guy who we have direct access to through the forums. I think if you did something small like just an end of the year show it would be suffice for us all. Its fun to compete all year, but there is quite an empty feeling when you have no "finals" of any sort to kind of signify the end of the season. Plus if you have a tried and true finals people may take the bags of sand out of their vehicles //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I see you in here Manny, how have you been? Do you still have the little green machine? That will always be one of my fav "extreme" vehicles.

I think if you did something small like just an end of the year show it would be suffice for us all. Its fun to compete all year, but there is quite an empty feeling when you have no "finals" of any sort to kind of signify the end of the season.
We had intended for the Jammin show to be our last big show of this season, then we got offers to do a couple more after that. The show coming up this weekend in Chicopee will be a decent size show I'm sure. We'll be passing out 4 big trophies for the Top Team, Most Improved SPL in the Amateur & Stock class and also one for the 2009 NESPL Competitor Of The Year.

The last show of the year will be a night show in Epping NH, it gets pretty cool at night but the location is great and they let people crank it up and demo if they want. It's more of a laid back type show.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.