No sound after blowing radio fuse

Participant count
  • Participant list

RayRay55

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey guys, I have a 1 sub, 2 speaker set up running off an aftermarket head unit and amp. Everything was working great for a few weeks. The other day I unplugged the head unit and accidentally sparked the main power wire when it touched some metal in the dash. This blew the radio fuse under the hood. Replaced the fuse, had my head unit back. But since I blew that fuse, I no longer have any sound. Bluetooth or aux. I run the speakers and sub directly off the aftermarket amp. I only use the harness for power to my head unit. The head unit and amp have plenty of power, I've checked every fuse associated. Under hood, both amp fuses, radio fuse, whole 9. Any idea what the problem could be? Could I have blown the head unit itself? Or possibly the amp? Everything has power. Im stumped.

If the bluetooth is integrated into the head unit, and no sound, my first thought is that you most likely blew an internal component. Possibly pertaining to the pre-amp section, maybe a pico fuse.

Personally, by process of elimination, I would find a signal source to patch in via rca to test your amplifiers first.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...