OEM integration for Noobs

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bassically85
10+ year member

I'm the 1st to admit I'm not the king of audio, but I was able to put in a system in my 2008 Avenger with no real issues, however it seems that after 200000 miles it may be time for something newer. The thing is that many of the newer cars have so much integration going on that the simple "put in an aftermarket head unit" isn't feasible (Especially in cars like the Ford Fusion, which I just happen to have my eye on)

So to get to the point; is OEM integration out of my league? Is it a job I should leave up to a professional? Can anyone give me any idea as to what is involved when doing OEM intagration?

I'm somewhat hip to the components that would be used, and I have my eye on a Rockford 363 right now....

Thank you in advance for your help!

It is super easy, just a tad time consuming depending on how many stock drivers you have. In my own vehicles, I haven't installed a regular ol' source unit for seven years . Ever since only obtaining new Mercedes and Lexus models for the past seven years but knowing I am one nutjob audiophile who must upgrade even the finest and most expensive stock systems whilst harnessing the power and usability of all voice commands and steering wheels controls et cetera I chose to start installing Audiocontrol's OEM Integration systems (like the LC8i et cetera). Not only do I retain every option the vehicles came with, but I also get 8 all signal summed 8v preouts with options to sum certain channels and refrain from doing so to others. Each pair of preouts also has a gain knob.

Anyhow there are plenty of nice ones out there, it is just the install that is time consuming. Of course the units require pos and neg, mine don't require a remote turn on and auto on by signal sensing but I hate how it works. The time consuming part comes in where you must tap into the signal going to each speaker and run it to your integration unit. But, if all you are after is adding say an active front stage and substage, you don't necessarily need to tap into every speaker. ..

Pretty simple and easy, just time consuming sometimes. But, none the less, very straightforward.

I apologize I am half asleep typing this so if something needs clarification let me know or ask me a question :p

Ron :)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.