phoenix gold rsd FTW?

tee
10+ year member

You know
BR
Do you guys think the 6.5 rsd's will run good off of a Alpine f450? Although they are rated at 60W rms and the f450 is rated at 70W rms, I've heard that the rsd's could withstand up to 150W. Is 70W gonna be decent for them because 70 is less than half of 150.

I know this question sounds very noobish but, will those rsd's sound noticeably better with the f450 than the Infinity REF6022I here: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8210955&type=product&id=1166234894507

Also, are there any other speakers that would be better off with the f450 around the price of the rsd's?

Thanks for looking. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The RSD's will be fine. I have a set of 6" comps and i have about 75 running to them i believe. Im not pushing them to their limits either, so youll be fine. They sound really nice for the price too.

bridge that amp into the rsd's and adjust the gains for 150 a piece

and i never heard either personally

but from what ive read on here - there seems to be a huge pg rsd boner going on lately and i never hear great things about infinity speakers.. so i'd go with the rsds

YES RSD's FTMFW!!!!

i have mine on a kicker zx550.2 and they love it. they have sick mid-bass and nice smooth mids and highs and they also get LOUD!

bridge that amp into the rsd's and adjust the gains for 150 a piece
Sorry, I don't have that option.

I dislike infinity car speakers.. The rsds will walk all over them.. They are the best drop in, and play set ive ever heard..
Oh rly?

So 70W to them will sound at least okay? Better than those Infinity's?

why dont you have that option?
Because the rears are for this small sub I have. A 2 amp option is just too painful for me to handle. So rsd's, 70W, good?

too painful? what is the second amp covered in razors soaked in alcohol? lol =)

they should be "alright" with 70 watts.. but not to their true potential

Does anyone know or have a link to the dimensions of the rsd? I want to know if they can fit into my mdf ring that I currently have to do I have to cut new ones. Thanks.

Yes, but the old one barely made it through. Any bigger and I don't know if I can fit it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.