Phoenix Gold Ti212d2

BigDGeorge

Hey, first post here and was looking for a 12" sub that was comparable to the Phoenix Gold Ti212d2 Titanium series. Want to stay around 600 rms. Probably looking at a sealed enclosure, but there is a small chance I would go with ported. More so looking for good sound quality but I do want the lows to come out if possible. Any suggestions ??

I've had some more time to look around a bit and read some other suggestions...Some other subs that come to mind are IDQ, JL 13w3, Boston Acoustic G512-44, Diamond D6, Gcon, or maybe FI IB312? Seems hard to make a solid decision....haven't had a system since 2005.

The 2005 RE XXX is a great sub but would be too much for what I'm trying to run with. Rather buy something new and not used...thanks for the suggestion though.

Well i like the ultimo sc for 600wthe and tge ultimo for 800-900wthe if i want pure sq. The sa series from sundown is actually a very articulate sub and while it isnt considered a sq sub it does sound quite good. The idq is pretty much a direct competitor though tlwith the only disadvantage being the performance in a ported box compared to the sundown. Though the id is better in a sealed box. I havent heard much about the gcon but the rest of the line from ssa are great speakers that play accurately and still manage to get loud.

um, if you are going to run a pair, then either match what you already have, or sell it and buy a matching pair. you can thank me later.
I agree. It isn't my first system, I just haven't had one since 2005. 7 years out of the game just making it difficult to make decisions. After scouring the boards the last few days, I know RE audio is no longer making something I'd want, but in 2005 RE was the thing to go with. I started at looking at Cerwin Vega Vmax subs, but I've heard they are more of a SPL sub. Which brought me to looking at the subs I mentioned in my 2nd post.

Most of the subs tossed around right now are coming down to price and what I'm wanting to do with the setup. I had never really heard of any of the mentioned subs and after looking around probably looking to spend about 250$ to 300$ per sub. The only way for me to get new phoenix golds would be to go to a retail store, which I though was going to be too pricey. Turns out the Phoenix Gold TI2's are around 239.95$ at the shop I called. Thanks guys for the responses and suggestions. Be a couple more days before I decide on a pair.

have you seen PSI subwoofers, also I have 2 skar VVX 15 and the store owner who sells Phoenix gold said the Skar sounds a lot better than the Phoenix Gold he installs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.