PLEASE HELP!!!

gschobes19

NY
I have just recently purchased 3 12in Audiobahn ALUM12X (6 ohm DVC)subwoofers along with the Audiobahn A2300HCX 2400 watts( in 1 ohm bridged) 2-channel amplifier. I am new with car audio and this is my first system.. how would I hook up my subs so that I could get the most out of my amp? I know that with the 6 ohm DVC I can choose either 3ohm or 12 ohm but with 3 subs how would i connect that to my 2 channel amp? Wire the subs in parallel or in a series? Any advice would help, Thanks.

hey greg,i thought you said you had a wall of L7's in a buick regal.you must know alot about car stereo's if you say my 4 15's won't hit 160.i smell something fishy

quote:

Originally posted by Greg:
I have just recently purchased 3 12in Audiobahn ALUM12X (6 ohm DVC)subwoofers along with the Audiobahn A2300HCX 2400 watts( in 1 ohm bridged) 2-channel amplifier. I am new with car audio and this is my first system.. how would I hook up my subs so that I could get the most out of my amp? I know that with the 6 ohm DVC I can choose either 3ohm or 12 ohm but with 3 subs how would i connect that to my 2 channel amp? Wire the subs in parallel or in a series? Any advice would help, Thanks.

If your amp can handle the 1ohm mono load. Then parallel the coils of each sub, then parallel all of the subs to the amp. BLING BLING 1ohm mono load.

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: ramos ]

thats kid with the L7s is my brother, he was just on my account, back from college with nuthin to do i guess.. he does have his car sponsered by Custom Radio so i guess u can deush that fishy smell

try ramos' method first.... just make sure your electrical system is up to pushing that much wattage at that low of a resistance... just keep an eye on your voltmeter, and you should rock out...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.