RF created a DD Z sub killer?

Yes old news, but first vid of seeing one in action that I've run across. Hopefully means we will start seeing a select few use them.

I'm not too crazy with the way the Z looks, personally prefer the RF's aesthetics. Granted I probably will never justify purchasing and playing with either.

Meh, the Z looks way better.
Doubt performance is similar between the two. However, price is similar
$2k?

imo...that amount of depth is ridiculous. Between JL W7 and Sundown X and Z series, that's enough.

That thing looks pretty **** bad *** and it's unique as hell. "Only 1800 watts" yeah don't mention it's free air and still has another 1.5-2" to go before it hits xmax. Holy shat. Good vid. Also the first I've seen of it in action. **** SM though.

I love the Z motor //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Looked best with the claw-style basket, imo

attachment.php

Not crazy about the new DD/SQ/AB/ect. baskets //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

DD9512_cote.png

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of Meade, but he does seem to be hand in hand with RF so SMD is a good place to see some RF gear demoed. Depth is sort of ridonkulous, but tbh most people running 18"s(or 19") likely aren't worried as much about mounting depth.

I hate the way the Z looks, but I still wouldn't say no to using one. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Do the new baskets offer any benefit? larger spider landing? Reduced spider landing to motor distance?

Reminds me of those trashcans you see at parks.....it's shape.

Wonder if that's where they got the idea.

I bet the DD will squash that.

Yeah that humongous 5" coil....but still I'll hold my breath and wait for some scores to start showing up. The RF fanboy in me hopes they made an outstanding performer with this one...

Do the new baskets offer any benefit? larger spider landing? Reduced spider landing to motor distance?
Bigger spider landing. Old style that I've got on five of my subs has a 7.5" landing iirc

Yeah that humongous 5" coil....but still I'll hold my breath and wait for some scores to start showing up. The RF fanboy in me hopes they made an outstanding performer with this one...
Are you the same Souldrop on CACO? If so, I'm surprised that you're an RF fanboy..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.