RF created a DD Z sub killer?

The SMD v2's look gayer than a rainbow-colored two-dollar bill that's covered in baby gravy
Idk the power handling and it being created by ascendant audio id like to see/ hear it perform in person... Even tho Meade and his forum are full of dbags scott created that monster with his team...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm the same on all audio forums. I'm mainly an RF fanboy for sentimental reasons. Car Stereo stuff was the only avenue that connected my father and I for several years. He introduced me to car audio with Old RF gear, Punch Pro Series and the Old Mosfets. To be perfectly honest I know they are not the end all be all. I've played with most generations of their amps and several generations of their subs as well as several of their head units (not the denon sadly). I wouldn't place them in the top 5 of any category, but I think they offer solid products for the most part (at least when talking about their higher level lines). The T3 is interesting, but some of its design features do turn me off. In some ways it appears gimmicky, but I'm hoping it performs well. Also I don't like the idea that the motor is a one shot and you can't do much with it DIY. I personally love the concept of custom subs! When the mutterings of a T3 started hovering around I was hoping for a new and improved version of a TRF. A solid motor platform, even if it had to be OEMed by another sub company like the TRF.

Idk the power handling and it being created by ascendant audio id like to see/ hear it perform in person... Even tho Meade and his forum are full of dbags scott created that monster with his team...

I'd rather have a v1.

The new B2 5" coils can take similar power.

For the price, I'd rather have a Z. You could get louder on less power and look better doing it. Also, you'd have less mounting depth.

The v2 looks like an anal sex toy to me.. (not that there's anything wrong with anal sex toys)

Yeah, I'm the same on all audio forums. I'm mainly an RF fanboy for sentimental reasons. Car Stereo stuff was the only avenue that connected my father and I for several years. He introduced me to car audio with Old RF gear, Punch Pro Series and the Old Mosfets. To be perfectly honest I know they are not the end all be all. I've played with most generations of their amps and several generations of their subs as well as several of their head units (not the denon sadly). I wouldn't place them in the top 5 of any category, but I think they offer solid products for the most part (at least when talking about their higher level lines). The T3 is interesting, but some of its design features do turn me off. In some ways it appears gimmicky, but I'm hoping it performs well. Also I don't like the idea that the motor is a one shot and you can't do much with it DIY. I personally love the concept of custom subs! When the mutterings of a T3 started hovering around I was hoping for a new and improved version of a TRF. A solid motor platform, even if it had to be OEMed by another sub company like the TRF.
I understand what you mean in the first part, and yes, old school brands aren't what they used to be.

IE: Stillwater Kicker (apparently)

I'd rather have a v1.
The new B2 5" coils can take similar power.

For the price, I'd rather have a Z. You could get louder on less power and look better doing it. Also, you'd have less mounting depth.

The v2 looks like an anal sex toy to me.. (not that there's anything wrong with anal sex toys)
Lol **** *** toy really think you need to go visit the local *** shop lol

Lol **** *** toy really think you need to go visit the local *** shop lol

I'm not 18 yet, so I can't buy any.

Did you try google images?

It's ribbed for your pleasure //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

I think it looks sweet. Yeah the magnet looks small but it's obviously neodymium. And the coil is wide open from the basket and motor which probably helps a lot with cooling the coil. Plus the dual spiders, literal dual coils, and excursion... I wouldn't say it's gimmicky. I'd say it's innovative and looks well built. Why not try something new? Most brands shy away from neodymium because of heat, but RF has been doing interesting stuff lately as far as heat dissipation goes... so overall, I'm anxious to see what the T3 can do as well.

I'm not 18 yet, so I can't buy any.
Did you try google images?

It's ribbed for your pleasure //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif
There's always buy online option.

Shouldn't apologize for liking RF..They make some great products.

I do despise them. I was also a 90s fanboy but man they just went down hill hard and fast. It's like the business model changed overnight.

T3 seems like the jackhammer to me. Same purpose in mind but I don't think RF needs it yet. They still have a very large fanbass due to plastic motor covers, oversized baskets that cover motors, dynamic rated birth sheets.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.