Sound Deadener hurting spl.

Participant count
  • Participant list

loudjeta
10+ year member

The Drive By Man
Has anyone ever had a db loss do to adding sound deadener ? If so what was your resonate freq of the vehicle vs your box tuning before applying it. I know caravans like to resonate in the mid 50 hz to lower 60 hz range. I play 44 hz( street box). My roof is my main concern!

some spl competitors say they get losses because the deadener lowers the resonate freq of there vehicle. i can see a problem for some one that plays a frequncy close to the car's resonate freq but my box is tuned well below what my van may like.Just curious if i woulld benefit more because i already play a lower note.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.