System Keeps Killing Amps! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i took apart the amp and figured out that the power terminal was not soldered on to the circuit board. it was just bent so it would stay touching it with nothing to hold it down. what a fine BRAND NEW amp i had. im about to solder that back on and hopefully that will fix my problems

ppl like this are why bestbuy does installs, you always have to do your research before you start buying equipment and throwing it in. and if you have a problem dont just throw halfass solutions at it hoping it gets better

i even asked best buy to hook my subs up for me when i first started with car audio and they said they wouldnt do it. they said my car was too old that they didint feel comfortable doing it. so i had to. ran into alot of problems trying to put this powerful of a system in a car thats electrical systm is from 1973. i have set up subs in about 15 newer cars (2000 and up) and it was no problem. but when you try doing it in a car like mine it is very difficult.

old mono block was power acoustik. new one is logic soundlab. the power acoustik was awesome until it broke but my new one i would agree is shitty. only reason i bought it was bc i was on a budgit

i even asked best buy to hook my subs up for me when i first started with car audio and they said they wouldnt do it. they said my car was too old that they didint feel comfortable doing it. so i had to. ran into alot of problems trying to put this powerful of a system in a car thats electrical systm is from 1973. i have set up subs in about 15 newer cars (2000 and up) and it was no problem. but when you try doing it in a car like mine it is very difficult.

There is your problem thinking your set up is powerful. You gear is garbage and you will continue to blow it until you get decent stuff. Audiopipe is a better cheap amp fyi. Your getting major voltage drop I imagine prob into or past 10 volts.

im using the logic now. they advertised it being 2 ohm stable bridged on the internet. but turns out it is stable at 4 ohm briged. i have 2 dvc 2 ohm subs so i couldnt wire it at 4 so i just hooked the + and - up on the right and left terminal which the amp can handle fine but it just isnt as loud

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.