What are these called?

Nice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Thanks.
A little off topic, but since you seem very knowledgable... the muffler in the rear of my car would look nice chromed... do I buy a chrome tip for that? Are universal ones truly universal?

depending on how low your muffler sits i'd just get a screw on chrome tip...

as for the brake ?,.....once you take the wheel off you will see the rotor ( a dish) and the caliper wich houses the brake pads...that is the part that looks like it is biting the " dish"...

you can get high temp paint and spray the caliper any color you want..you cannot paint the rotor....

hey man seeing as you make the quick cash that you do, id look at getting a good gig on a site to build and just get a whole new baer brake setup, or something of the sort. you can get black calipers on something like a 14 inch rotor and that would look fresh as hell on your ride.

the rusted part is the rotor i had to get a new one for my truck, it was aobut $30 for one, but i would rather get the brake dust cover and keep the brake dust off your wheels

honestly, with all the extra weight your adding with wheels/tires i would go with an upgraded brake system. possibly a better 4 piston setup (u MAY only have a 2 piston now) and a bigger rotor. that way your not going through brakes so fast.

Thanks for the responses guys! Now we're talkin'!

I took some Goo Gone and went outside with a towel and got behind one tire looking black and NICE! Going to finish tomorrow when it's light out again. I could put a new brake system on my list of things to do... these new rims/tires can't be THAT much added weight...

I don't want to have to weld a new muffler tip on, it would be purely cosmetic.

these new rims/tires can't be THAT much added weight...
18's correct?

had 18's on my civilian caprice with the stock brake setup and was fine..

with the 20's on the marquis ( bigger better brakes, though stock) the rotors tend to warp faster then previous cars....brake pad life hasnt changed...

I don't want to have to weld a new muffler tip on, it would be purely cosmetic.
just visit the local pep boys and get a decent screw on tip...they have a ton of choices up by me...should take no more then 5 min to put on

dub put out something like those, but i think it was a wheel set. I used to work at a carwash--- Mikes Express for any1 living in the central/mid north part of Indiana, and this guy came in with a set of these on. Looked really clean. Had a black cover, with 24" chrome 5 spokes.

^^u know rafiq?..

anyway, man what i would do is just paint the rotors, not just the calipers the whole thing. It doesnt look that bad. I mean this is just to get the rust look off.

On another note, i've seen a couple of cars around indy with those dust covers.

My buddy has an all chrome one, i've seen a baby blue and red mesh look. Like the one you posted except the color and they didnt look chrome.

To the people who have the negative comments y not just keep that to urself no one cares if you dont like it;)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.