What should I do? Help please.

Ok it looks like I am going to have to file with the BBB about this. I am not taking a crappy w0, he says "JL is the best, IDQ is not popular for a reason" I know IDQ is a great company and the 10v2 is a great sub. I am not taking this crap.

If he is insistant on giving you JL audio tell him to give you 2 13w7's then, tell him to make this bad experiance somewhat bearable and then sell them biches on here or e-gay and buy whatever you want...

Tell him w0's are not adaquate compensation for this unfortunate situation that he put himself into and you are not going to be bought off cheap for their shotty work...

How about some pics of the Sub, The damaged area. Show some proof that the install was the cause of the failure,

Were the subs new?

Is the box to spec?

Can you show that they touch?

He himself admitted that the sub hit the panel and that is what most likely caused it to fail. I dont have pics because the subs are hidden behind my quarter panels and I cannot see them.

the IDqs are very popular, plenty of people use them. the shop owners just a moron.

make him get you something of comparable value, at a minimum i'd say a W3 if you wer estuck with JL, but hold out for a W6

Post some pics of the install please //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

And print out the MSRP of IDQs, and tell him you want a sub thats comparable a pair of W3 10s or something wouldn't be that bad.

JL isn't a bad brand at all, really nice build quality and Manville is a decent guy.

I'd be willing to bet if you went in there with a few print outs of websites asking a couple of hundred bucks for an IDQ they'll either give you money to order another sub or he'll give you something of equal value of both subs.

I understand him not wanting to give you a pair of subs because they messed up one woofer....i wouldn't either.

If the sub is barely hitting the side panel its not going to cause it to fail also, it might sound like ass but you would be able to tell it was hitting it way before it messed up.

Whats wrong with the sub? If it burnt a coil I'd be willing to say it wasn't because it was hitting the side panel

Both woofers are dead now, I spoke with IDQ and they said it surely sounds like an install problem. They said for one woofer to go out is realistic, but both within 5 minutes sounds like they set something wrong with the gains. Also both of them worked fine before the side panels were put back on. The tech guy at IDQ said DO NOT take the w0's or it will be case closed for accepting this. He said for the shop owner trying to tell you w0>IDQ he is hiding something and wants you to give in to this deal. I am going tomorrow morning, IDQ said to ask for the subs to be pulled and leave the boxes empty. Any tips on what I should say tomorrow?

try to locat manville and let him know how one of his Jl dealers are treating you. is manville on this forum? or is he over at diyma?
Where can I reach him? I'm going to the shop in the morning to get the subs pulled out and figuring out what to do.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.