What way should the subs point?

You'd probably get more output from a single W6 off the same amp compared to those W1s, but again, if you're after output, go with something other than JL. I'm probably the biggest defender of JL on this forum, but I'm also the first to admit that high output level isn't the forte of JL subs.

You'd probably get more output from a single W6 off the same amp compared to those W1s, but again, if you're after output, go with something other than JL. I'm probably the biggest defender of JL on this forum, but I'm also the first to admit that high output level isn't the forte of JL subs.
So if you wanted to compete for cleanest sound would u use JL w6 then? I know others can hit harder but I don't think they sound as good. I know I wont win with what I have but I would like to enter. But when I walk away I wont look like the kid with only subs in his car because he just wanted to win. I don't want to enter a bass box I want to enter a stereo. The guys trying to hit 160 and up have skill but thats not for me I getting to old lol.

Well this is what I have so far, not much but it sounds so sweet. Oh and thanks for the feedback guys.

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994

JL Audio XD600/1

JL Audio XD400/4

Polk Audio MM6501

Polk Audio MM651

2x JL 12w1 soon to be W3s maybe

this^^^

a friend of mine had two w6v2s and they got really fvcking loud and sounded amazing doing so

Subs facing up, port facing back, is usually the loudest for hatches and SUVs. Someone said that before. Get a box made for you.
I make my own I just need a program to help me tune it and give me the size. No one has done anything on this truck for me, im to cheap to pay someone. But im thinking subs back and port up. I wish I could take some readings both ways but they want 20.00 for 30 sec at the store.

I make my own I just need a program to help me tune it and give me the size. No one has done anything on this truck for me, im to cheap to pay someone. But im thinking subs back and port up. I wish I could take some readings both ways but they want 20.00 for 30 sec at the store.
I just told you one thing but you want to do the opposite?

this^^^a friend of mine had two w6v2s and they got really fvcking loud and sounded amazing doing so
yeah i have 2 w6v2d4 12 and they get loud i have 2 jl 500/1s pushing the and also i have 3 w3v3 12 0n a 500/1 and they hit hard to with great sound and clarity

I just told you one thing but you want to do the opposite?
lol ya I know. If I can get a reading and your right that it will hit harder speakers up then I would go with it. But I think it might be cleaner with speakers back and you cant see them if you look in. So with everyones input it still comes down to what the user thinks is better. I was looking for a scientific theory on what way to point them but I don't think I will find one.

And AllenH427 I will make the box so I can do it both ways, I will let you know what I come up with after I get the readings done.

yeah i have 2 w6v2d4 12 and they get loud i have 2 jl 500/1s pushing the and also i have 3 w3v3 12 0n a 500/1 and they hit hard to with great sound and clarity
You have a skewed sense of what "loud" really is. While I agree with you that they are probably louder than anyone falling into the actual target demographic of JL would ever need, they are not loud when compared to many other subs out there. 99% of the guys on this and most other car audio forums measure quality solely in terms of output numbers while JL and the SQ minority measure it in tonality, dynamics and distortion. The 99% consider JL overpriced because it fails at their test of a sub. I consider most of the other subs on the market overpriced at most any price because they fail at mine.

The JLs have the capability for somewhat respectable output but mostly because JL wanted to make sure that at reference listening levels, the subs were not being strained and driven into distortion. In all out SPL, they fall way short, not that I or JL find anything wrong with that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.