Why do speakers sound better?

yes the invisible pillow needs to be removed , only way to remove it is by adding more watts dont question ME ok. i know my ****.
i can say this exact same thing, but it doesn't help give a reasonable answer as to why. We all know speakers need more watts , we get the point!

you are asking the wrong question from the scenario you are giving.
One amp will sound the same up until clipping

two different amps.....of course there will be some differences in the sound esp. if one is rated for higher power and less likely for a noob to clip it
i've experienced with this **** with the same amp too, and still... it goes from a muddy sound being under powered to a high quality sounding speaker given just 20-30% more power.

Because the speakers suspension is the invisible pillow. At half power the suspension is working to hold the cone back, but the same suspension needs to be able to hold the cone back and under control at full power, so at 50 watts... ahh **** it I have no clue, I just felt like talking, sound good?

im pretty sure it has to deal with sensitivity and most speakers that are built to handle more power are built with ALOT better parts. ima try to take a shot at it.

The cleaner power signal allows the speakers to not have to clean up the signal before reproducing it. Example my sister destroyed all 4 Boston acoustic speakers in her Honda. The head unit was feeding them power and she cranked them to the point they were distorting and kept listening to it that way so all of them are toast now I have to replace them so I guess now I not only have to replace the speaker but install a amp to.

As every one else said... your amp was probably trying to over-produce a signal, and it ended out coming all chopped up. While your other amp can do it easily since it's probably underproducing power. A cleaner signal = cleaner sound.

As for different drivers that sound better or worse, it's all in the motor, boi.

And EOD, what did I say about posting shit? You're lucky this is a real question.

watts are like cowbells, you can never have enough.

About this clean signal stuff... what causes a signal to be dirty? If I were to clean my RCAs or optical cable with goo-gone or something, would I then have a cleaner signal?

The cleaner power signal allows the speakers to not have to clean up the signal before reproducing it. Example my sister destroyed all 4 Boston acoustic speakers in her Honda. The head unit was feeding them power and she cranked them to the point they were distorting and kept listening to it that way so all of them are toast now I have to replace them so I guess now I not only have to replace the speaker but install a amp to.
they make speakers that clean signals? Is it JL?

is there a filter we have to clean or replace after a period of time? My shopvac doesn't work as well after a lot of cleaning.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.