Why i recommend not doing business with ACE74...

mikeb618
10+ year member

RANDOM DUDE
Rado Il
The story begins here...

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-classifieds/554575-dd-1508-a.html#post8170621

I paid $125 shipped for the sub. Received it 10/10. When i got it the box was torn on the end and you could see the magnet and wires thru the end of the box.

2012-10-10_17-52-40_350.jpg

2012-10-10_17-54-00_779.jpg

At this point i am slightly worried. Then when i open the box i see this...

2012-10-13_14-04-04_993.jpg

Its kinda hard to tell but not only is the mounting flange bent but the basket is pretty tweaked!

I called ACE and told him it was damaged and then sent the pics.

At this point he tells me that he did not insure the package. I tell him i will get ahold of Digital Design the next day and see how much $ it will cost to get it fixed.

The next day 10/11 i text him that $95 is what the repair will be. I offer to split the repair cost with him (which i think is very fair) and he says no. His only solution is the send it back to him and he will refund my money, minus paypal fees and shipping costs. Also tells me that splitting the repair costs would not benifit him, as if getting a junk sub is benefiting me!

I assume it would cost about $20 to ship it back and then he would refund me about $100, so i would be getting about $80 back from the $125 i sent him. Personally i dont think this should be costing me any money. I paid for a working sub and what i got is a destroyed unusable mess.

Opinions?

For almost any company the buyer gets to pay the return shipping to the seller. It ***** but that is how life goes...

As long as he refunds you the orginal purchase price, that is as good as anyone can expect.

To a certain point the seller needs to be responsible and package the item correctly and insure the item if its expensive. Probably not the best packaging job on the sub, but the carrier also obviously messed you over as well.

Was "fragile" marked anywhere on the box?

Packed poorly AND not insured. Onus is entirely on the seller to get YOU the sub you paid for in the condition described. If he is too stupid to pack it right and insure it, it is doubly on him to make it right out of his pocket.

I've never made a customer pay for a return if it's my error that is the issue. You don't like the way it sounds or something, sure return it on your dime, but it arrives all beat up and it's your fault? Not in a million years.

For almost any company the buyer gets to pay the return shipping to the seller. It ***** but that is how life goes...As long as he refunds you the orginal purchase price, that is as good as anyone can expect.

To a certain point the seller needs to be responsible and package the item correctly and insure the item if its expensive. Probably not the best packaging job on the sub, but the carrier also obviously messed you over as well.

Was "fragile" marked anywhere on the box?
No...the box was not marked in any way.

I feel that the seller should be responsible for adequately packaging the item and should pay the extra couple bucks for insurance so the buyer doesnt get the shaft.

i always pack the crap out of my subs ,especially if i dont have the original packing .and insurance is a must for anything over $100.

No...the box was not marked in any way.
I feel that the seller should be responsible for adequately packaging the item and should pay the extra couple bucks for insurance so the buyer doesnt get the shaft.
You could get a sledge hammer and flatten the sub until it fits in a flat rate box...

Just saying

I would leave neutral or negative itrader feedback. Unless he pays for the return shipping in a case like this.

It's two strikes against the seller...

1) Poor packaging + no fragile warning

2) No insurance

He didn't try to scam you, but he needs to make this right.

That looks like s h itty packin job to me.i just recieved a sub from someone on here and let me tell u that thing was wrapped like a tank.hope it works out op.

I offered to refunded him his funds except for the shipping and paypal fees acquired and he decided not to return it for his money due to the fact that he was going to have to pay for shipping. He wanted me to pay half of what it cost him to get it fixed and I said no way just send me my sub back and I will refund him his money back. So it's not like I didn't offer him his money back.

I offered to refunded him his funds except for the shipping and paypal fees acquired and he decided not to return it for his money due to the fact that he was going to have to pay for shipping. He wanted me to pay half of what it cost him to get it fixed and I said no way just send me my sub back and I will refund him his money back. So it's not like I didn't offer him his money back.
normal circumstances id say that was a good move offering his money back except the shipping as thats all what paypal will make you pay but you my friend **** at packing and in no way did u even try and as a result this is your fault and i would be pissed.

I'd just pay for the repair myself.

It's going to be cheaper for you in the long run.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

mikeb618

10+ year member
RANDOM DUDE
mikeb618
Rado Il
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies