Why should I not run my amp's power wire outside the cabin?

Mine's run under my cab.....I just ran it across my frame rail using many zipties and then drilled straight up and used a grommet. Whole lot better than having a huge lump in my carpet all the way through the back from the large powerwire.

Sorry for the flamewar guys.

http://www.solisstyle.com/ims/pic.php?u=3790nqzl6&i=28983

That is exactly what I was thinking. What did you have running through that. Will (2) 4ga fit in that stuff comfortably?

Mine's run under my cab.....I just ran it across my frame rail using many zipties and then drilled straight up and used a grommet. Whole lot better than having a huge lump in my carpet all the way through the back from the large powerwire.
exactly! You have any pics?

I would just run it through the firewall, it's so much easier in my opinion. That's what I did anyway. Mine isnt all bulky under my carpet either, I ran it underneath the plastic door-sill channel on the drivers side. The following pic is the passenger side, it's the same thing on the drivers side but with my power wire. Took me about 10 minutes to run including drilling through my firewall.

DSC00012sm.jpg

My amp is mounted behind my rear seat also, great location I might add! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

Before...

DSC00002sm.JPG

After...

DSC00012sm.JPG

For more pics see my project log below...

well i have had my power wire run under my car for 3 years now, and nothing has exploded yet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif , if you take the right precautions and take care of the wire and its covering you should have no problems,

the wire i am using is industrial strength **** my dad uses at his work (Machinist, he re/builds large electric motors and ****) , i would never expect any problems from it.

i ran 1/0 just like getwild2 did and it still fits in there pretty good. It takes about 5 mins to pull up the plastic cover on the sides and the wire should fit under there. When it comes to putting it thru from the inside of the car to the outside, on my car theres a piece of rubber that is by the steering wheel and i just cut a small slot in that and ran the 1/0 thru there. viola

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.