Wiring HU help - light bulb test ? electrical problemos

Participant count
  • Participant list

elsalvador182

I think i may have an electrical problem. I cannot get my 'new' used pioneer HU to power on. I removed the old alphine HU from my 92 sentra in which the HU radio was working and playing just not reading or playing CDs. Connecting just ground and power does nothing. I reconnected the old alpine to see if the pioneer might be bad. Now the Alpine will not power on either.

How can i go about trouble shooting to see which part of the electrical system might be the problem? I have checked every single fuse in my car as well as both HUs.

I should note that im also trying to get my turn signal lights to work and wipers. Wipers will only turn on if i put in the fuse. Once fuse is in they cannot be turned off. AC on/off button will not light up either. Today i replaced every single relay thing i could find with replacements from a junkyard; both under dash and under hood.

I know this sounds like a relay issue but old HU was working fine with the other electrical problems before i removed it. Isnt HU wiring almost direct to the battery? Trying to avoid going to the shop....

thanks for any suggestions....

Sounds like your grabbing an illumination wire for your ground for your radio. it will show ground till you turn on your lights and then it goes to 12volts. You've got a fuse blown somewhere, i promise you that.

Tips to avoid blowing fuses and causing headaches:

Tip #1: Undo ground at battery before working on anything electrical in your car.

If you cant undo the battery, just take your time and work one wire at a time, taping off with electrical tape as you go. Pretty common. Happens to us all:fro:

Check wiring and fuses again as dranged stated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.