WTB: Decently priced components

My budget on the components is about 200. The subs... I have a 12" Pioneer Champion Pro but I'd like some better subs, I'm not impressed with this one.

I'm thinking about 100 per sub if I can get away with it. If not, what price point am I looking at for decent subs that will be super loud and clean?

with a little research you can get your hands on AB XFL 12s for about $100 a piece. They are rated for 1k but will take closer to 1.5k (maybe more?) all day.

with a little research you can get your hands on AB XFL 12s for about $100 a piece. They are rated for 1k but will take closer to 1.5k (maybe more?) all day.
I'll look into, thanks. Have you personally ran them? What's the sound quality on them?

Nobody with some comps to sell?

Someone direct me in the right direction for good quality comps?

the only comps I've used are some polk db6501's, and some MTX (don't remember the model, it was a while back)

When looking at comps and quality you typically come across the increase in price.

What did you feel was lacking in the Polk set?

As for subs, you may find some used 12s for $100 perhaps..but not much out there in that price range. Maybe consider just 2 subs at $200/ea? Even then 4k rms and your price range will be next to impossible to achieve.

I liked the polk set, I'm just curious as to how much better sounding I can get for about 200....

I have about 5kwrms in a monoblock, and I have a few decent 4ch. amps.

I wouldn't mind doing 2 12's at 200 each and then I can just get 2 more later on down the road.

Basically, I'm looking for 600 for 2 12's, and a pair of comps. If I'm better of using the polks and putting a bit more money into the sub stage, I can deal with that.

the xfl subs are not $100 each they are $200 each new as for the comps i can help with some cdt comps for 200 shipped
I had seen the old style xfl 12s d4 on ebay for about $125 shipped about a month ago......as of now they arent there anymore.

i have 2 xfl 12 d2 that i will be selling soon though.

I'd like to buy some decently priced components.... by decently priced, I mean pretty cheap. I'm looking for a step above the polk db6501's
I'm also looking for about 4 12" woofers that can handle about 4kwrms
no coaxials?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.