10's or 8's...worried about low end.

hehee. it was always fun when ppl said " 8s wont play loud" and loyd playd some late night tip on em //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
the extra motor force overcomes the high fs of the drivers compensating for the natural rolloff all drivers have

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
call it whatever you will, its because you have a bunch of em //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif, if it was only a few, it wouldnt be low, or loud.

think about it like a group of people. one or two people cant lift a car, but alot of people together could. thats pretty much the science behind it. stereos are all about science, and science says small things are faster. thus smaller cones are going to move faster and hit every note and sound better.

but bigger things have more of a force, so bigger things sound louder.

alot of small things can sound loud too though, because its alot of em. and since there are alot of them then the lows are easier to hear (aka louder)

stick with me chad, you might learn a thing or two //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif . after all, i did have a daily driver doing nearly 150's legal, maybe one day you will too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

No I'm just trying to get my point across. But everybody seems to knows more than me for some reason. Yall must understand I created the 8 inch subwoofer. I know what it will and won't do. comparing a 8 to a 10 is like comparing a 4 cylinder to a 8 cylinder.

You created it huh? If that was the case u would be doggin it so much now would you:eek:

your a tool. You don't know everything.

No I'm just trying to get my point across. But everybody seems to knows more than me for some reason. Yall must understand I created the 8 inch subwoofer. I know what it will and won't do. comparing a 8 to a 10 is like comparing a 4 cylinder to a 8 cylinder.
Following many of the other excuses, I didn't want to get into this, but I simply have to. How about a turbo WRX that puts out 300+ horses at the wheels versus an '05 mustang, that puts out 260 horses on "Motortrend.com"...not even rated at the wheels. The 4 cylinder is...omg faster and more powerful than the mustang! Not everything is about size now a days dear god. Certain smaller objects can be used to equal/better larger things. Now yes, it is easier in a way to get a larger sub to make a larger sound, if the two subs have equal measurements. However, an 8 inch sub can get loud, can hit lows, the end. Stop talking please and stop using horrible metaphors.

theres 18 there.
but according to you 8s cant play low, so the subs wouldnt play low and itd have to do it at a higher freq.
Yes, that must just be a wall for lots of midbass //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

Following many of the other excuses, I didn't want to get into this, but I simply have to. How about a turbo WRX that puts out 300+ horses at the wheels versus an '05 mustang, that puts out 260 horses on "Motortrend.com"...not even rated at the wheels. The 4 cylinder is...omg faster and more powerful than the mustang! Not everything is about size now a days dear god. Certain smaller objects can be used to equal/better larger things. Now yes, it is easier in a way to get a larger sub to make a larger sound, if the two subs have equal measurements. However, an 8 inch sub can get loud, can hit lows, the end. Stop talking please and stop using horrible metaphors.
My girlfriend says similar things about my penis.

the only thing i'm saying is, anybody that says the bass cuming from a 8 sounds better than from a 10 or 12 is ****ed up in the head.
And yet you designed a loudspeaker, hahah, pics or ban????

As far as the bass "souding better" I'd be more concerned about a good motor topology, shortening rings, low inductance, etc than how big the ****ing cone was.... Oh well, your the engineer!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.