2 L7 15's for 13.5 W7?

angelf09
10+ year member

Wussup guys im new to this forum and just wanted to ask a question. Ive been scratching my head/ debating on whether or not i should take ths trade..I have two 15's L7...one is in my car and the other is still in its box brand new...now...a friend of mine offered me his 13.5 W7 for both of my L7's..which one would you prefer?? If any of you guys own or have owned these two types of subs..which set up would be better? Which one did u guys enjoy the most? No biased responses neither...i have to make up my mind within a few days and i want to make sure i make the right decision without regretting it...btw Amps and box are not included in this trade...only the subs..thanks for your input //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

I'd take the W7. Only because I've had the L7's and wasn't impressed. Then again, I'm more of an SQ guy. If it's SPL you're going after and you have the room and the power to run em' keep the 15's.

well as of right now im rebuilding a 76 monte carlo..everything brand new from top to bottom.. the trunk is hella big..might even have a custom trunk set up for the sub/subs that i end up with..as for power...want it to sound legit but loud!!!..

im kind of looking for both...i love the SPL the 15's have but as you said..the SQ isnt as great as the W7...ive only heard the W7 once but it was like a yr ago...nd it seemed as if i felt the bass more than that of the 2 15's??... idk i want the sub to have great SPL but sound hella clean

Well I think you can make the L7's sound decent. Just get a box built by someone that knows what they're doing. The W7 is a great sub, overpriced imo but a great sub none the less. But the sheer cone area that the 15's have is going to be a lot louder than that JL. I just don't think you're going to be satisfied with the output of the W7. And the reason the W7 sounded so good to you when you heard it was probably the setup. People don't realize how important the enclosure is in getting the most of your subs. I've got a kid at work that has 2 POS Boss Phantom 15's. He got a decent box built for them and made sure his power was up to par and he's loud as Hell! Just goes to show it isn't so much the subs as the box they're put in.

Yeah i heard that a single L7 is just as loud as one 13.5..but the set up was a typical one..the 1000/1 JL amp and i believe the box was ported i dont remember becuz it was so long ago..but maybe your right...just spend a few bucks on a well built box and get this thing going...plus it will save me more money..all i would need is the box and another hifonics amp( have a brutus hifonics amp for one of the 15's) where as if i get the W7 i would need a better box and that expensiveass amp lol

W7 or sell the L7s and get something way better. A nice round 18 will fit in that giant truck and show them both up. You could get away with not putting do much in electrical upgrades also. A good efficient 1000 watt amp should be fine. The 1000/1 is a current hog and those L7s could handle a 2500. Either way extra battery will be needed and possibly a alternator upgrade.

Wussup guys im new to this forum and just wanted to ask a question. Ive been scratching my head/ debating on whether or not i should take ths trade..I have two 15's L7...one is in my car and the other is still in its box brand new...now...a friend of mine offered me his 13.5 W7 for both of my L7's..which one would you prefer?? If any of you guys own or have owned these two types of subs..which set up would be better? Which one did u guys enjoy the most? No biased responses neither...i have to make up my mind within a few days and i want to make sure i make the right decision without regretting it...btw Amps and box are not included in this trade...only the subs..thanks for your input //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif
truth be told neither one of the woofers listed is anything better than an "okay" sub on the grand scale. l7s can get loud mainly just because they slapped a ton of cone area on weak motors and threw in some cheap softparts. the w7 is actually pretty nice if you dont take the price into consideration but they also have some mechanical failure issues but this is tough. id get the w7 because its gonna be worth more and its nicer, better built, will get loud enough and sound good doing so. if all you care about is blasting music with little to no quality to the sound then keep the l7s and put em in like 4 cubes each. remember l7s cant hit lows for shitt (neither can solo xs as i found out) the w7 can put out some nice lows. you gotta hang around here more and get a feel for what else there is and how those woofers are viewed in the audio community and also just try both set ups. id say 9 out of 10 audio guys would say to take the w7 tho. id take it, sell it and grab some nice low end monsters.

Yeah i heard that a single L7 is just as loud as one 13.5..but the set up was a typical one..the 1000/1 JL amp and i believe the box was ported i dont remember becuz it was so long ago..but maybe your right...just spend a few bucks on a well built box and get this thing going...plus it will save me more money..all i would need is the box and another hifonics amp( have a brutus hifonics amp for one of the 15's) where as if i get the W7 i would need a better box and that expensiveass amp lol
you dont need an expensive amp. but your best option is to sell those and get yourself some sundowns or fi or aq. all of which will decimate the two listed woofers

okay then since you guys are speaking of other subs....which one do u recommend?? remember i want to put some legit **** in this Monte Carlo...its being rebuilt with a big block, everything is gonna be brand new and all i want is something to sound clean and pretty much sub more than most people ill catch on the streets...Im liking the idea of the 18...which one do you guys recommend? im sure my trunk can fit tht huge subwoofer //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

okay then since you guys are speaking of other subs....which one do u recommend?? remember i want to put some legit **** in this Monte Carlo...its being rebuilt with a big block, everything is gonna be brand new and all i want is something to sound clean and pretty much sub more than most people ill catch on the streets...Im liking the idea of the 18...which one do you guys recommend? im sure my trunk can fit tht huge subwoofer //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
On 1000 watts?

I wouldn't go anywhere near the L7s... the W7 is a great sub, just terribly over priced. I'd sell the L7s and then work on a budget for a good sub.

If you had to go new and want to keep it around 1000w of power, I'd go with one of these: https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=154e0baada639b0/shopdata/0050_Speakers/0040_SSD/product_overview.shopscript

If you're willing to buy used, which I imagine you would be since the W7 you are thinking of is used as well. Then you have a ton of options for under $300 shipped.

no its definitely going to be well over 1000 watts...i plan on selling this amp and getting one with double or triple the power...what 18" would you recommend? and sounds like an evenn better idea i might just sell the subs and look for better...by any chance...are there any 15's that get loud like the L7's but have great SQ??.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

angelf09

10+ year member
angelf09
Compton, Ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from