2 L7 15's for 13.5 W7?

a bud of mine has a level 5 15 in 5.5 cubes and its disgusting
This is what I want to hear.

When you aren't competing and aren't wanting to do unnecessary electrical, low power, big box makes sense. Especially when you have an S-10 Blazer to wall with all the room you ever wanted. Big boxes are so much better musically when under power restraints.

This is what I want to hear.
When you aren't competing and aren't wanting to do unnecessary electrical, low power, big box makes sense. Especially when you have an S-10 Blazer to wall with all the room you ever wanted. Big boxes are so much better musically when under power restraints.
actually might be more like 6 cubes. it was an old compact 18 box of mine.tuned at 30 with the 18with the size difference maybe its more like 5.7 and prob changed tuning a bit either way its ****** nasty on 2k

actually might be more like 6 cubes. it was an old compact 18 box of mine.tuned at 30 with the 18with the size difference maybe its more like 5.7 and prob changed tuning a bit either way its ****** nasty on 2k
My 12s are in 5.5 cu each after displacement. 1500w each. Thing is nasty. Doesn't meter worth a crap, but don't care. It hurts, it sounds good, it impresses people. I want to do the same thing, just bigger. I got the Warhorse for the same money I could have got a used 3500, so I'm going to hope to get 9,000w out of it at 14.4 with a good electrical. Put some efficient, cheap woofers in a monster ported box and make people bail.

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

I couldnt run more the 2 cubes on my 12s at rms. They dropped hard in 1.5. Trying 1.75 now.
You tried taking 25% of RMS off and doubling box size to see what they would do?

My 12s are in 5.5 cu each after displacement. 1500w each. Thing is nasty. Doesn't meter worth a crap, but don't care. It hurts, it sounds good, it impresses people. I want to do the same thing, just bigger. I got the Warhorse for the same money I could have got a used 3500, so I'm going to hope to get 9,000w out of it at 14.4 with a good electrical. Put some efficient, cheap woofers in a monster ported box and make people bail. 

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

You tried taking 25% of RMS off and doubling box size to see what they would do?
might have to visit texas soon lol

Cant go any bigger, I just dont have the room. the 1.75 net per sub is taking up every bit of space I have, Even had to go inverted to get that much.

Cant go any bigger, I just dont have the room. the 1.75 net per sub is taking up every bit of space I have, Even had to go inverted to get that much.
Oh, I misunderstood. I thought you were saying the subs couldn't make the jump to a larger enclosure. In your case you definitely have to use power to make up for the inefficiency of the enclosure. I just hate seeing people push others into using tiny boxes and putting tons of power when they had the room to get away with much less power on a more efficient enclosure. Different ballgame when speaking of metering, but for daily people, the less stress on the electrical and the less thermal issues with the subs the better.

Oh, I misunderstood. I thought you were saying the subs couldn't make the jump to a larger enclosure. In your case you definitely have to use power to make up for the inefficiency of the enclosure. I just hate seeing people push others into using tiny boxes and putting tons of power when they had the room to get away with much less power on a more efficient enclosure. Different ballgame when speaking of metering, but for daily people, the less stress on the electrical and the less thermal issues with the subs the better.
I can tell you for a fact they will not work in 2.5 net at rms... Did not like it at all

get a box custom built for the l7s those things do beat with the right amp but then again if youu get a custom built box for the w7 it could be just as loud

ask him to test it out in your trunk and see what you like better its all about what kind of music you listen to and what your lookin to get out of the subs

the w7 could of sounded llouder in a different car. theres alot of factors that matter

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

angelf09

10+ year member
angelf09
Compton, Ca
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from