Beginner System Need Help w/AMP&SUBS

Well first off, that's definitely not a Sub amp. It's a 4 channel amp, would probably be just fine to power your door speakers:) Do you have any subwoofers yet? And as for sub amps, you're going to be looking at 2 channel amps you can bridge, or a mono amp. Power relative to that of your subwoofer's rated capabilities.

No, I do not have the subs yet I was wondering what I should get for my enclosure&budget. I was told JL for the subs don't know about amp.

Suggest some things that are mid grade maybe? Nothing really expensive.

@mylows10 less than 3 is not an option I got the box from my dad ($500 box) custom built 3 sub enclosure. Its not really a budget I would just like to know what are some subs and amp combos that would be good for a 3 10" sub amp setup.

@haze i plan on getting my subs from online. JL or not.

we cannot recommend subs without knowing the specs of the box. what subs was the box originally built for? you need to coordinate internal volume with the subs you choose. then once you know the subs you're using, decide on an amp to power them at their combined impedance. 3-sub setups were common with JL and their Dual 6 ohm or 3 ohm voice coils.

ive got the fosgates ill sell you all 3 for 150 plus shipping one needs to be reconed or replaced soon so im not selling that one i'll give it to who ever buys the other two.the surround split but it fixed temporarily.they all are 800 watts each 2 are dvc and the 3rd is an he model

we cannot recommend subs without knowing the specs of the box. what subs was the box originally built for? you need to coordinate internal volume with the subs you choose. then once you know the subs you're using, decide on an amp to power them at their combined impedance. 3-sub setups were common with JL and their Dual 6 ohm or 3 ohm voice coils.
What specs do you need to know? LWH? Or Volume?

internal volume.

three subs requires an odd impedance if you want to land on 1 or 2 ohms. three 4 ohm SVC subs can be wired for 1.5 ohms, which a 1 ohm stable amp can do. or you need three 2 ohm DVC subs. all three should be identical both in voice coils and in sub model.

JL subs are an ideal choice since it is likely the enclosure was made for them. you should try to find out if it was made for W0, W1, W3, or W6. nothing wrong with JL, nothing wrong with buying it from an authorized shop. online you lose any warranty if it's cheaper - just keep that in mind. i believe local shops are more valuable than car forums.

Well I measured the box and the specs are W=3ft D=10in H=13In. With the thickness of the wood being like an inch or so. Doing the math with 1 1/2 inch thickness subtracted it makes my box 3372.375 Cubic Inches. Or 1.95 Cubic Ft

internal volume.
three subs requires an odd impedance if you want to land on 1 or 2 ohms. three 4 ohm SVC subs can be wired for 1.5 ohms, which a 1 ohm stable amp can do. or you need three 2 ohm DVC subs. all three should be identical both in voice coils and in sub model.

JL subs are an ideal choice since it is likely the enclosure was made for them. you should try to find out if it was made for W0, W1, W3, or W6. nothing wrong with JL, nothing wrong with buying it from an authorized shop. online you lose any warranty if it's cheaper - just keep that in mind. i believe local shops are more valuable than car forums.
Well I measured the box and the specs are W=3ft D=10in H=13In. With the thickness of the wood being like an inch or so. Doing the math with 1 1/2 inch thickness subtracted it makes my box 3372.375 Cubic Inches. Or 1.95 Cubic Ft

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.